Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Does natural honey work for hay fever, or is that an old wives' tale?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Old wives tale I think, Sharkey.
Lifelong sufferer of hayfever here, and I've tried everything (and I mean everything).

Finally found some relief two years ago- a prescription of Dymista nasal spray.
Amazing stuff, I still can't quite believe it's worked so well.

Tjm86

I think 9mm hollow point is a highly effective cure.  Personally I've always preferred 7.62mm but you can't fight standardisation.

Tiplodocus

Facebook has decided that it wants me to prove I am me and has  locked me out until I send it pictures of various of documents.

It's probably  because I don't  have my real DOB  logged (I'm 116 don't you know?).

But uploading images of passports and driving licenses sounds like a) a total scam  and b) a recipe for disaster.

Anybody else suffered this minor  impediment?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 10 May, 2016, 10:52:41 AM
Not on Facebook but when I tried to sign up to AirBnB they wanted something similar so I sacked it off and left my mate to organise the accommodation whenever we go anywhere.
We never really die.

Professor Bear

Ebay/Paypal users will likely be familiar.
Send them a pic of a longform birth certificate and some letters addressed to you and nothing else.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 May, 2016, 07:39:59 PM
Does natural honey work for hay fever, or is that an old wives' tale?

Locally produced honey was what I heard - might just be a placebo, but some have sworn by it.
A Kenalog jab used to be a life-saver for me, but my symptoms became less severe over time so my GP steered me onto generic meds instead.

The Legendary Shark

Something similar happened to me, so I took it as an opportunity to get off the damned thing for good.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

COMMANDO FORCES

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mardroid

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 10 May, 2016, 10:52:41 AM
Facebook has decided that it wants me to prove I am me and has  locked me out until I send it pictures of various of documents.

It's probably  because I don't  have my real DOB  logged (I'm 116 don't you know?).

But uploading images of passports and driving licenses sounds like a) a total scam  and b) a recipe for disaster.

I haven't, but make sure it actually is Facebook before you send them anything!

Mind you, scan artists usually just try to get you to log in to their counterfeit site and part with details rather than ask for scans of ID, etc.

Theblazeuk

Try it from a different device, preferably from a different network (IP address)

CrazyFoxMachine

Have you traveled anywhere recently? A few friends of mine did a dig in the Sudan and logged in once there and on logging in again on their return FB decided a double-leap across from Khartoum to Bristol was UNSEEMLY and basically did what they've seemingly done to you. As a bizarre consequence of re-logging in their FB friendships with eachother were nullified and both assumed after an argument they'd had in the Sudan that the other had blocked them and they became enemies. Only after two months of this passive rage did anyone question the root of it and the FB mistake was revealed.

FACEBOOK COSTS FRIENDSHIPS!

Theblazeuk

The hidden story behind the tragedies of Darfur, revealed...