Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Sorry to hear that Blaze. Bloody pets break your heart.

Grugz

my daughter's last year in primary has been her worst ever she loved school til she got two teachers that just seem to have it in for her...all throughout she has been well above her expected level (didn't get her brains from my side!) but this one teacher is friends with an ex-aunt and has been talking about her with the ex-aunt . they say she has an attitude and daydreams etc they have a school leavers play coming up and my girl had a couple of parts and was looking forward to it but lately she hasn't and has been bollocked for not enjoying the very long song they have to sing (4 pages of a4) and cause she has had time off for ibs (exacerbated by worrying about how she'll be picked on by the teacher from day to day) even though her attendance is in the high 80's she overheard some downright nasty comments about her and already had her replacement lined up from the year below... now what I want to do is peel their faces off with a sharpened teaspoon but that may be frowned upon. and the head always takes the teachers side..and she doesn't want me to go in as she fears the nasty may get worse...we've since told them she isn't doing the play and am really tempted to keep her off next week as its her last one.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Tjm86

This is what really gets my back up.  Teachers like this make it damn near impossible to sort problems out properly when kids are occasionally malicious little scrotes.  There are times when kids and teachers just don't click for whatever reason but it still has to be handled professionally.  Who's the adult?  Gossiping with relatives about students outside of school is unprofessional.  Sorry.  Discussing issues with parents and being willing to accept when you have it wrong is appropriate.

One option open is to take the grievance to the governing body.  Go through the head first and then if that gets the response you expect then ask for the school grievance policy and write a letter to the governors.  That is, if you feel strongly enough.

As you say, we are down to the last FIVE DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not that I'm counting) Take your daughter to the doctors and get her signed off for anxiety to cover the EWO.  Write the letter to the head explaining why you are not sending her back in then start the holiday early.  Worst case scenario they fine you £60 which is why the doctors / letter / governors will be helpful.

Seriously, makes my blood boil!  Hope your daughter is okay and remember, next year she'll have all the joy of year 7 to contend with. ;-)

Grugz

cheers, she is looking more forward to high school especially after her taster day...thing that gets me mad is that she has never been naughty other than being convieniently deaf three or four times when asked to do something like have a bath or tidy her room..other than that we couldn't have asked for a better daughter,kind caring polite and a wicked sense of humour...meanwhile the kids who swear ,skive etc always get the rewards!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Dandontdare

If you did escalate, would all her previous teachers be happy to confirm that they never had any problems with her?

Banners

Initial negative space concept for Henry V poster based on the following quote...

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...

Client: Amazing. But please remove the drops of blood.

Me: Okay.

Client: And make it more pointy. And symmetrical.

Me: Right. So basically just a crown then?

Client: Exactly. Perfect! And on a blue background please.

Grrr....

Grugz

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 July, 2016, 01:38:24 PM
If you did escalate, would all her previous teachers be happy to confirm that they never had any problems with her?

they should,as she has been a star all through but,knowing teachers they tend to stick together.

Tjm86

Quote from: Grugz on 15 July, 2016, 11:10:46 AM
..meanwhile the kids who swear ,skive etc always get the rewards!

This is always a sticky one and I find myself coming down on both sides of the argument.  Had a top set Year 11 this year that had nothing in the way of support and slogged their guts out all year.  Tried to arrange an engagement trip to Oxford and got shot down.  Meanwhile the ***** of the year group that caused mayhem all over the school had everything thrown at them.  All the support, interventions, trips etc.    On the flip side I've had younger students who respond positively to rewards and find the short term targets / tangible rewards help them focus and improve.  The thing is though, it has to be carefully managed and slowly withdrawn so that they take ownership.  Otherwise they end up like the scrotes previously mentioned.

Quote from: Grugz on 15 July, 2016, 06:47:41 PM

they should,as she has been a star all through but,knowing teachers they tend to stick together.

Possibly in public to students (or at least they should) since it is unprofessional and undermines teachers with a negative effect on learning.  That said, any management worth their salt should take steps to address the complaint.  Similarly any teacher that is remotely professional should acknowledge their shortcomings and take steps to address them.  Even if the student is in the wrong there are ways of handling it and the teacher is the adult in the situation.  I'm not so sure it is 'sticking together' mind so much as 'bunker mentality'. 

It is a shame that it has affected her final year.

Grugz

my wife called her out on slagging the girl off behind her back but so she could hear it ,she said (and I quote ) " b-u-b-w..."etc..and got stroppy with the missus .this lot do seem very clicky and take pleasure in naming and shaming pupils for silly things the latest one being we hadn't paid her "voluntary contribution" of £10 for a school trip and put the names of all the kids who hadn't on the board!
  some of us are low income and cant keep forking out for trips that I always thought were budgeted for anyway? especially when they kept it once cos my lass was ill and was off school and wouldn't give it back!

any way as she says 5 more days...and she does think it too many

Tjm86

It's called a 'voluntary contribution' for a reason and can't be enforced.  Shit, if they do that then the governors / LEA (oh shit, not an option any more - cheers Mike / Nicky, try the head of the academy chain) need to be made aware.  That's the sort of thing that really gets my back up (putting it politely).  What the f****** hell are they doing in teaching?

5 days?  Thought it was only three (not that I'm counting or anything, or have been doing so for the last three weeks!)

"Dust off and nuke 'em from orbit, the only way to be sure!"

Grugz

aye, 5 for us (north west,dunno if its different elsewhere-I know some catholic schools have diff dates) but she finishes Friday at 2:30 then its holiday fun ,spending a fortune on uniform p.e. kit etc and then my little girl grows up...(sniff)

Tjm86

Ditto here.  Leavers assembly tuesday afternoon.  Actually managed to get a leave of absence to go but haven't told her yet.  Leaving it for a surprise.

Goaty

Visit Worthing (east of Brighton) for party overnight, but no-one understand "We're not worthy!" reference.

Trout

Quote from: Goaty on 17 July, 2016, 12:34:56 AM
Visit Worthing (east of Brighton) for party overnight, but no-one understand "We're not worthy!" reference.

So make a Tank Girl ref.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Well, tonight has been one of those nights.

First I stood on a piece of glass, then the film I was meant to see tonight (Star Trek Beyond) doesn't start until tommorow night instead (despite what the Customer Relations department of said cinema told me), & finally I've fallen out with my Mam over it (as I have to start early on Friday morning due to a course I'm currently attending).
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night