Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Yeah indeed, I will celebrate once it's all through. I've been told though it's just process from here now I am medically cleared and that it will go through.  Apparently it's just about getting them to do it quickly.

Fingers crossed.

JayzusB.Christ

Best of luck, Fishy.  Either way, it only feels like a few months since you were sure your eyesight was gone forever; now you're pushing your MP to get you back behind the wheel.  Sweet!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

True that.  Silly thing is I have been driving ever since the eyes got well and only now have the gone and done this.

But yeah, compared to where I thought I would be this is only a temporary hiccup.

Something Fishy

Good news, they have now approved and reissued my license.  I should have it within a few days.   What a relief.

von Boom

Wonderful news Fishy! Nice to see it didn't take months to sort out.

Something Fishy

Thank you.

Yeah that was the stuck response form staff always.  No timeframe. It will take how long it takes.

But once it got escalated becaus it was wrong I did notice a change in what I was being told.  Since the clearance yesterday it all raced past.

I think the worst moment was when first phoning them after getting the letter, the operative seemed to be relishing in it and was very unpleasant.   You'd think a bit of sensitivity when people have had such shock news would be part of their training.

Something Fishy

And that was riddled with typos   :-[

'Stock response from staff" for a start.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Something Fishy on 02 November, 2016, 02:53:13 PM
Good news, they have now approved and reissued my license.  I should have it within a few days.   What a relief.

Cool!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

Certainly show that you get a lot further if you stand your ground and make use of all the resources you can.

I hate to think how many people just take their word for it and go off road for good or who simply don't realise they could get support and spend months exchanging postal communications with no result.

Taryn Tailz

Eurgh...have to attend a health assessment in three weeks time to prove that I'm not merely pretending to have a chronic health condition, presumably in some kind of diabolical plan involving several corrupt GP's who have already diagnosed me with the condition.
I'm a pessimist at heart, so I'm just automatically assuming I'm gonna be refused and then forced to enter the workhouse, breaking stones or whatever the Tories latest cutting edge thinking is.

It's extra annoying because I'm gonna be having my second appointment with the Gender Identity Clinic nine days after that, which I've been really looking forward to since the first appointment went so well. Now I've got this massive road block thrown in my way before I get to that appointment.

Grugz

hope all goes well lass,

meanwhile at grug block...

the new neighbour turns out to not be, a TO LET sign is on next door so now in my current mental health state is panicking and thinking the worst , am I going to be on a channel 5 documentary soon???

having said that Stacey,if you still haven't found somewhere, theres a house up/down in quiet Leyland Lancashire ,and the neighbours are lovlley!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

Grugz

I was thinking of one of the nightmare neighbours on drug addled benefit funded all night raves ones...  might not get them but you cant help worrying.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Bolt-01

Grugz- as long as you keep the noise down then the new neighbour probably won't shop you to C5...

Grugz