Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Emotions. They're a nasty thing, eh? Just come to the conclusion I wont have enough money (nor will they) to go and visit my immediate family for christmas. It's not that I much care for the holiday anyway, it's more the fact i've just realized how much I miss them. Skype and calling helps, but i'm a soppy bugger and it's making me feel a bit sad really.

The Legendary Shark

That's not a bad problem to have, Hawkie. I live within walking distance of my family but the trouble is, they all hate me.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Batman's Superior Cousin

Feeling depressed, Went out to Newcastle last night with a mate to meet up with this girl he's seeing and her mates for one of their Birthday's. Instead, we all ended up standing as close to the DJ booth as humanely possible in an overcrowded club, with NONE of her mates remotely interested in talking to me, I was basically treated like an immature child AND imbecile by my so-called mate and his female friend, I had to wait nearly an hour for a taxi with them (despite assurances that I would be sharing a taxi with three of her mates, but couldn't because there wasn't any space for me DESPITE the taxi having five-seats). Oh, and during the wait for the taxi, I discovered the real reason for his offer of a night out: It was to make his relationship with her OFFICIAL, and while sharing a taxi with them, they were constantly snogging. AND he call's himself my friend, knowing I suffer from Asperger's WHO hasn't had a girlfriend since First School (I'm 31). As a result of all this, I can't stop obsessing about last night. I feel so sad, lonely & depressed right now!!! :'( :'( :'(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

Ach Batson, that's a serious pain of a night out, but to be honest, I think we've ALL been the spare wheel on some endless evening like that.  Your friend shouldn't have carried on like a pratt, but love (and drink) makes fools of us all: what is important is that your mate obviously cares enough about you that he wants to introduce you and involve you in the new social circle that comes with what may be a serious relationship for him.

Maybe he could have done it more sensitively given your specific situation, but I'd be certain he brought you along because you're important to him, not because he wanted to rub your nose in it. That's a good thing, even if the evening in question was a disaster for you. The self-absorbed lovey-dovey shite will pass, and friends of friends of friends aren't always the easiest company under any circumstances (several of my friends and my wife's friends have never got on, for example - but we work around it). Things will improve, I'm sure.

Batman's Superior Cousin

In all honesty, and with all due respect to you you Tordleback, I can't forgive him for this. He only just met her a day after a failed relationship, and on the night of causing a ruckus amongst our fellow group of friends (who are part of the local Pool League). The "ruckus" was him trying to join our team after a lengthy absence by convincing one of our Co-Captain's to oust the "weaker member(s)" (an act he claims that he didn't instigate, even though it's widely known amongst ourselves that he did).
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

If the guy is in the habit of being a dickhead, maybe you're better off steering clear.  It's obviously impossible to judge from here, I just meant to reassure that the "boring awkward night of hanging about like a tulip while mate snogs new girlfriend incessantly and her friends ignore you" is a pretty common experience (i've been both victim and perpetrator at different times), and not necessarily something directed at you or a permanent change.  But if it's part of a pattern of bullying or disruptive behaviour, that's a different story.  Either way, my sympathies, not pleasant.

Grugz

there's someone out there for everyone,i always believed that,hope you meet yours soon batson.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

staticgirl

Hawkmumbler - that's very shitty - I assume your family can't help you and live a long way away from them. I don't know how I'd cope if I couldn't see my mum on special occasions like Xmas. Even with what I am going through right now I am at least able to pop up and see them for a couple of days so I suddenly feel very fortunate. You have my deepest sympathies.

BSC - Your mate doesn't sound much like a mate if there is a pattern like this.

Batman's Superior Cousin

It's only recently that he's been acting like this.
Texts from Last Night

Satanist

Its amazing how the promise of boobs will change a blokes priorities, hence the not very subtle term "bro's before ho's".

Just let them get on with it and if the relationship goes tits up he'll be back and sorry and if not at least you can get on with your life.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

CrazyFoxMachine

Grugz

school sent mini grugz home on Thursday,she'd been feeling ill for a couple of days but she soldiered on...yesterday I got a call from the safeguarding lead bleating on about her attendance being less than 90% and wanting a meeting...she also wants proof my lass is ill!  (she has a virus,not as bad as flu but with a temp of 38.9) apparently parental word isn't good enough so I have had to spend half an hour arguing with a receptionist to get an appointment for her . She's their best student in year 7 being in all the top sets and loves school despite her problems with a teacher in yr 6 ,I just don't want this affecting her and feel like we're being accused of something with this teachers attitude...my lass did suggest we collect the phlegm and diaherrea (sic)  and present it to the teacher as the proof she wants.(that's my girl!)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Tjm86

This is the absolute bonkers thing about the current attendance campaign across schools.  It continues to target the wrong folks and over scrupulous application of the rules makes for a nightmare.  The schools are stuck between a rock and a hard place but a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss, not to mention some understanding for parents situations. Trying to get past the rotweillers at the GP doesn't help either.  I think I read somewhere recently that most folks are put off their GP by the reception staff.

The only problem is that this early in the year it doesn't take much to dip below 90%.  At ten weeks in that's 50 days.  If you miss a week now that puts you in the frame.  Do it in February and it wouldn't flag anything yet it is the same amount of time off school. 

I like her suggestion mind.  I was going to suggest the vomit as well.  Perhaps all mixed together?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Satanist on 28 November, 2016, 12:00:14 PM
Its amazing how the promise of boobs will change a blokes priorities, hence the not very subtle term "bro's before ho's".

Just let them get on with it and if the relationship goes tits up he'll be back and sorry and if not at least you can get on with your life.

True. One of my best friends (who I've known since we were about 4 years old) is an incredibly decent and helpful person who has helped me out of tight spots more times than I can remember.  Put a new woman and some booze on the scene, though, and he'll gladly put me down with snide remarks, talk over me and generally try to play the alpha role by making me beta.

It hasn't been a problem for a long time -  he was in a steady relationship. But he isn't now and this trait is showing signs of rearing its head again. I think it's completely unconscious on his part but if it happens again I'll  be having words.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Grugz

Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 November, 2016, 07:47:03 PM
This is the absolute bonkers thing about the current attendance campaign across schools.  It continues to target the wrong folks and over scrupulous application of the rules makes for a nightmare.  The schools are stuck between a rock and a hard place but a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss, not to mention some understanding for parents situations. Trying to get past the rotweillers at the GP doesn't help either.  I think I read somewhere recently that most folks are put off their GP by the reception staff.

The only problem is that this early in the year it doesn't take much to dip below 90%.  At ten weeks in that's 50 days.  If you miss a week now that puts you in the frame.  Do it in February and it wouldn't flag anything yet it is the same amount of time off school. 

I like her suggestion mind.  I was going to suggest the vomit as well.  Perhaps all mixed together?

the stupid thing is they sent her home ill and want me to prove it!!!  she has a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract luckily not bacterial so no need for antibiotics ,luckily shes clever so will catch up quickly...

mother in law continues to deteriorate, she has a full blown chest infection and has been falling again so we're worried about her ...and as she's housebound now we're taking Christmas to her this year pre-cook the turkey and prep the veg no problem!