Main Menu

Who do you think Jason is having a go at?

Started by Anemic_Newt, 06 January, 2002, 05:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemic_Newt

In his interview in PC Zone Jason says "I have to admit that I do lurk on the forums and newsgroups. We have to be careful because some of the hardcore fans are very noisy online, but they're not really representative of the mainstream..."

Surely he can't mean scojo??? "Scojo challenges rebellion..."

Thread Zero

Oh it's nice to know Jason is there!:O)

But I'm not mainstream?

Well who wants to be part of the flock anyway!

scojo

Anemic_Newt

I dunno - I have read since around the 300's, collected all the Best of's, law in orders, and the meg until they started printing Preacher - as I already had it all and the 2000AD reprints didn't interest me at that price. Also hadn't been entirely happy with the meg since we were spoilt with America and Al's Baby back in the very early days.
2000AD is the only comic I continue to buy despite a regular order for around 30-40 titles 6 years ago.
I read 2000AD because I enjoy most of it. Having read it for so long I don't want to create a large gap in the collection and there is always the belief that there will be another great story or artist. Prog 2002 looks like its headed that way but...
I have only just discovered the website and therefore the message board about 2 months ago. So am I aminstream or now I have discovered the message board am I now just weird?

Do I really need someone else to answer that!

Thread Zero

LOL!

Well they say it takes one to know one!

I started reading the comic then too. Prog 335 was my first and I'm still reading it in Jan 2002.

I don't think Jason was being rude to so called die harders. I think the net is all about freedom of speech, so you should post on these forums as many or as few times as you wish.

Personal choice that's all.
Admittedly I have posted a lot here over the last few months but that's usually because I have something to say. Whether it is worth reading is another matter.:O)

I think anyone who cares about 2k should be considered mainstream.

scojo the subversive

Anemic_Newt

Are you mainstream if you don't read 2000AD or the meg but might have gone to see the movie?

or are you mainstream if you read the comic occasionally? PVS!

or are you mainstream if you don't say anything about it and don't feedback the good, the bad and the ugly?

or is mainstream when you're like in this boat and you're in the middle of this stream, like and this stream like is just one of lots of streams and the one you are in is the biggest one like its the mainstream?

Anemic_Newt still bored and desperatley not wanting to do any work - I shall regret this tomorrow... or do I mean today?

Anemic_Newt

Sorry spelling typos creeping in Bruce Lee was kicking some serious butt

paulvonscott

Heh, well, I wouldn't say I'm mainstream.  But I am optimistic about 2000AD this year.  Rebellion may have saved the mag from festering and I'm guessing I'll probably read from january thru February and the anniversary.

I think Jason has a point, fan forums are usually full of fanatical nutters.  If more people were on I'm sure we wouldn't look quite so demented :)

O Lucky Stevie!

exactly!

what jason is actually saying is, "I have to admit that I do lurk on the forums and newsgroups. We have to be careful because some of the hardcore fans are very noisy online, but they're not really representative of the mainstream [of 2000AD readers]..."

ie, basing editorial decisons SOLELY on what is posted here ISN'T isn't a statistically sound practice.

eg, just because the majority of the readers whom have online access & are aware of this board & post upon it (as opposed to just reading it--too narrow a poplutaion sample to be representative--like classic rock & don't like pussyfoot 5, doesn't mean that the majority of 2000AD readers like classic rock & don't like pussyfoot 5.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"