Main Menu

Chucky's Thread - Venting your Republican Spleen.

Started by Tjm86, 02 May, 2023, 06:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

As has been mentioned elsewhere, next week's shenanigans have prompted an outpouring on anti-social media and in the more bizarre corners of the slowly devolving British media-sphere.  Auntie Beeb is dutifully trying to pimp events on Monday in London lest someone worse than Sharpie is foisted on them.  Meanwhile, a large chunk of the nation is displaying the sort of indifference to the event normally reserved for the Eurovision (post Wogan) song-contest.

So it seems only appropriate that we dutifully recognise this historic event as well.  It seems utterly appropriate to muse on such thoughts as:

- has anyone bothered to check if Elizabeth is still dead?  It does seem a while since anyone has devoted hours of viewing time to her and probably Charley boy might well be up for another check.

- in a nod to Mr Grimes of Gbeebies who feels we should recognise the importance of an institution that has lasted over a thousand years (not counting the small matter of Charley-1's rather sharp haircut), could we give some consideration to how the founder of our modern monarchy, William of Normandy, would have fared under a Home Secretary who wants to demonise all economic migrants as "Invaders" and pack them off to a part of Africa world-renowned for its welcoming attitude towards different ethnic groups?

- Meghan or Kate ... which of the brothers' 'significant others' is most deserving of sympathy over the scurrilous gossip spread by the same media that is now frothing at the bits over every possible slight to the monarchy?

- the tower, hung-drawn-and-quartered, flogging, hanging, birching, transportation, pilloried or forced to watch endless coverage of the Coronation, the death of Diana, the death of Elizabeth, the Prince Andrew Interview ... what is the appropriate sanction for those who refuse to "accept the invitation to recite the pledge of allegiance" and which circle of hell should those who have the temerity to actually protest on the day be sent to?

- who would win if it came to fisticuffs - Harry or William?

- does Andrew really not sweat?

- what should Meghan apologise for ... the Oprah interview, not bothering to show up on Monday or Suits?

Funt Solo

Anyone who pledges allegiance to Chuck's "heirs and successors" is also pledging allegiance to Nonce Andrew. And, y'know, to a man who said he wants to be a tampon. And to a guy who punched his brother because he married a black woman. And...

It's just too weird.

(I haven't even gotten to the fact that they own far too much property. Over-privileged leeches.)

---

Still, though. People who do take part are just doing a massive LARP. (I use that now to make myself feel better about all sorts of things: organized religion, wars, climate-change deniers, practitioners and willing participants in quack-medicine, anti-trans bandwagoning c*nts, people who listen to Russel "Monetizing the Culture War" Brand etc.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JohnW

It must have been mentioned somewhere by now, but the real Charles III is buried in the Vatican alongside his dad James III and his brother Henry IX.

Granted, considering what a useless prick Bonnie Prince Charlie turned out to be, you lot (and my lot at the time) were probably as well off with the German Georges.

I only hope that such divisive issues as the Stuart Succession and the Duchess of Sussex's lack of shame will be forgotten once you've all been issued with your plastic Union Jack bowlers, which you can doff at the appropriate moment and shout, 'Gawd bless Yer Maj!'

As to the matter of Prince Andrew's sweat: I don't think that's anything that couldn't be settled by a team of competent vivisectionists.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

To be fair, most of us didn't know till far too late that Savile was a wrong 'un.  Not that that means I'd want any kind of entitled, out-of-touch simp ruling me by virtue of being born, you understand.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Brushing up on my baritone of 'deutschland deutschland ueber alles' for the big day, I'm a bit rusty afraid to say.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 03 May, 2023, 08:29:03 AMBrushing up on my baritone of 'deutschland deutschland ueber alles' for the big day, I'm a bit rusty afraid to say.

It might come in handy. ;)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

When I was 14, I thought Robert Smith was the coolest man in the world. I'm starting to think I wasn't far wrong.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1652988190003970051
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 May, 2023, 10:09:32 PMTo be fair, most of us didn't know till far too late that Savile was a wrong 'un. 

Most of us had absolutely no idea, totally agree.
But the BBC knew.
John Lydon knew.
Yewtree was set up for a reason, I reckon the police definitely knew.

The question is - did Charles know?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Woolly on 03 May, 2023, 05:51:18 PMBut the BBC knew.
John Lydon knew.

Also worth noting that Savile was Thatcher's guest at Chequers every Christmas and New Year for almost a decade. No way that happens without MI5 taking a very long, very hard look at you. So, either Thatcher knew, and didn't care (and, let's be honest, anyone who was friends with Pinochet wasn't that fussed about morality or scruples), or some senior figures in the establishment knew, and decided to keep it quiet to avoid embarrassing the PM.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Ditto Prince Charles and Lady Diana. You don't get that well-in without some serious and most likely thoroughly illegal vetting.

Rotten to the core, the lot of them. But I guess that's just Chinatown.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

nxylas

Let's not forget that Edward Heath was later revealed to be a nonce. No way MI5 didn't know about that.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

John Lydon is actually the secret head of MI5. That's how he knew!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++