Last post by lincnash - 26 May, 2024, 11:14:49 PM
Prog 2384 - Urban Legend ?
An all movie Dredd, Karl appreciation issue woohoo  :D
Events / Re: Lawless 2024
Last post by Jim_Campbell - 26 May, 2024, 11:09:02 PM
[Forum desperately needs a 'like' button!]
Last post by Trooper McFad - 26 May, 2024, 10:53:36 PM
If it's not been mentioned yet a big nod to the exhibition put on by David Roach - what a variety & quality of pages - super stuff and what can I say about that Lego exhibit, awesome stuff
Prog / Prog 2384 - Urban Legend
Last post by Colin YNWA - 26 May, 2024, 10:42:32 PM
Arh the ebb and flow of a great line up. I'm going to say this is a slight dip in quality BUT when you consider how good last Prog was that's no hardship. This is still great comics, just not as great as last time.

Dredd builds the myth and legend of the Underworld quite wonderfully, but in doing so let's the plot slide a little this week. It felt a little indulgent, great but indulgent.

Intestinauts continues to play with ways to tell it story but a little like Dredd this week missed a bit of that narrative drive and felt a little info dumpy. Again still very fun.

3riller - The Blue Skies over Deathwick oh this is a beaut as we get a switch in our POV and maybe a twist of the old school delivered with guile. We'll see if this one sticks that landing but to this point its all gone wonderfully

Brink - what's left to say. Devine!

Proteus Vex - steady issue by this strips epic standards, or maybe know the penny has dropped with me that this is wrapping up soon my expectations have shifted? Hmm maybe. Either way not quite as strong this week... or maybe I'm just a bit tired and grumpy. Who knows.

So a Prog being  not quite as good as last weeks is not big deal, well except it is, its still great, just not quite as great!
Last post by Steve Green - 26 May, 2024, 10:31:55 PM
Glad you all had a good time, (apart from the journeys!)

No worries, I'm terrible with face/names as well!
Creative Common / Re: Does My Figure look big in...
Last post by Trooper McFad - 26 May, 2024, 10:23:31 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 26 May, 2024, 07:42:24 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 May, 2024, 03:49:23 PMThe old adage - Looks better in the flesh - has rarely been as true as when applied to Trooper McFad's models. You think they look good on here, if you ever get the chance to see them in the real world - well wow they'll blow you away even more.

I was lucky enough to see them at Lawless (yes Trooper McFad has the energy to carry a literal crate of his models around!) and they are simply amazing seen up close.
Thanks Colin like all "creators" I'm always critical of my attempts but the reactions I got from the original creators were great.
if I'm lucky I'll match up more models with creator's next year so another crate will make its way down- any of the following would be good
Winslade
MacNeil
Eldon
Annette
Any one or all of these would do 😁

Eldon = Elson
Annette = Abnett

Dammed auto correct 🤦🏻�♂️
Last post by Trooper McFad - 26 May, 2024, 10:20:12 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 26 May, 2024, 08:47:59 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 May, 2024, 03:49:23 PMThe old adage - Looks better in the flesh - has rarely been as true as when applied to Trooper McFad's models. You think they look good on here, if you ever get the chance to see them in the real world - well wow they'll blow you away even more.

I was lucky enough to see them at Lawless (yes Trooper McFad has the energy to carry a literal crate of his models around!) and they are simply amazing seen up close.
Thanks Colin like all "creators" I'm always critical of my attempts but the reactions I got from the original creators were great.
if I'm lucky I'll match up more models with creator's next year so another crate will make its way down- any of the following would be good
Winslade
MacNeil
Eldon
Annette

Ben willsher and I really enjoyed using your acrylic white pen you accidentally left behind after I signed chimpsky! I did try and get it back to you, but it was also bloody useful -so ta!
😂😂😂 who was left with it?
Consider it a gift 👍🏻😁
Last post by Hawkmumbler - 26 May, 2024, 09:30:23 PM
I sincerely hope peoples journeys home is less belaboured and...lets say 'eventful' than that of mine and DDDs! I know they're my home teams but I wish a pox upon both United and City, along with all their fans.

Confusion surrounding the schedule aside (wasn't even aware there was a physical copy, seemingly all gone by the time arrive at con) was mostly excellent catching up with familiar faces, Jim and Colin, delight as ever! Steve Green, my sincerest apologies for not placing a face to your name it's been a long time fellah but good to finally catch you though briefly.
Likewise Le Fink & Barrington, hope you enjoyed the rest of the convention lads and hopefully get a bit more time to natter in the future.

Can't be fussed posting my con haul as its just the two books but just having the opportunity to file through some original art is always worth the price of entry. Good con, a good day.
Last post by Jim_Campbell - 26 May, 2024, 09:00:28 PM
Good con, as always. Lovely to meet all of you that I met, and apologies to those I didn't... but you probably had a luck escape. I'm not going home until tomorrow,* so I'm posting this from the Doubletree bar with a glass of Laphroaig and a general sense of contentment resulting from a bloody lovely weekend.

Hoping to repeat the experience again next year and maybe chat with some more of you...

*Well, I say that... but I've just had a text informing me that my train for the second leg of the journey home has been cancelled. Going to sort that shit out in the morning, though!
Last post by pauljholden - 26 May, 2024, 08:47:59 PM

Winslade
MacNeil
Eldon
Annette

Ben willsher and I really enjoyed using your acrylic white pen you accidentally left behind after I signed chimpsky! I did try and get it back to you, but it was also bloody useful -so ta!