Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Skip Tracer is strictly better than The Order
« Last post by Funt Solo on Today at 06:46:04 PM »
*waves hands mystically* There's already been a vote, Mister Pops. These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Film & TV / Re: Jodie Whittaker to leave Doctor Who.
« Last post by SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on Today at 06:44:36 PM »
At this point, the BBC assurances that the new team will be announced "in due course" is seeming very familiar. Did they get Alan Yentob to give that quote by any chance?

There's nobody being mentioned for prospective 'showrunner'- other than (excuse me, haha) JMS, and I think they were playing hideously safe as a result of panicking when they appointed Chibnall in the first place. Who looked at his previous work and thought he had the chops? It was a lazy hire, and it backfired.

As for the next Doctor. If they cast male, Whittaker will seem like a mistake to be quickly rectified (which, cards on the table, I think she was- ymmv) but they won't want to give that impression. If they cast white, that will be even more problematic. It will be a black or Asian woman. 

Sandra Oh (from Killing Eve and Gray's Anatomy). And she would be *brilliant*.

SBT

General / Re: Skip Tracer is strictly better than The Order
« Last post by Mister Pops on Today at 06:12:12 PM »
Sorry, but no. I can't get behind any of this. These sort of disputes are settled on this here forum using convoluted rules from obscure sports tournaments that everyone votes on.
General / Skip Tracer is strictly better than The Order
« Last post by Funt Solo on Today at 05:33:04 PM »
Do I know what character I'm looking at in each panel?
Do I know what their motivations are?
Do I know where they are?
Is there a plot and can I identify and follow it?
Do I require to do any research in a library?
Can I count how many Ritterstahls are currently extant?
Has a steam train just teleported into frame to save the day?

So, you see, I think we can all agree: Skip Tracer is strictly better than The Order.
« Last post by Hawkmumbler on Today at 05:09:05 PM »
In spite of Richard E. Grant being well in the money, as the kids say, appearing in a woeful Star Wars film and a half decent episode of an otherwise middling MCU show, the man has to his credit expressed genuine interest in giving his version of the Doctor another shot. In all but the sense of self respect it would be a step backwards for the chaps career but still, i'd love to see him be given a third second shot.
Anyone know if vol 3 HC will be reprinted?

Totally missed it...Grr!!
« Last post by Mister Pops on Today at 04:00:36 PM »
I wouldn't rule out an older experienced actor as the Doctor this time. My left-field choice would be Alexander Siddig. He has already played a sci-fi doctor. Who better for a companion than Andrew Robinson?
« Last post by Daveycandlish on Today at 03:47:07 PM »
Adrian Lester as the Doc with Phoebe Waller-Bridge as showrunner?
I'd watch that.
General / Re: Let’s get Dreddlines back!
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 03:10:20 PM »
I’d be interested in seeing all the issues my letters have appeared in, if there’s any way to access that information.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10