Main Menu

Rebellion trade news- from 2000ad review.

Started by ukdane, 26 May, 2005, 06:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

In answer to your question, I've prepared a little example!

Now, I know that some people like McMahon's recent minimalist, cubist, "forgot about the deadline and did it in a hurry" style, but I honestly can't see any merit in it, especially not compared to his early work!

The first time I saw his cover for Judge Dredd: The Mega-History I couldn't believe that he wasn't taking the piss!

Mikehttp://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/2000ad/mcmahondredd.jpg">

Mike Carroll

Here's part of the cover of the aforementioned Judge Dredd: The Mega-History book...

http://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/2000ad/mcmahonhershey95.jpg">

Carlsborg Expert

Mike,
Do you not realise how much concentration goes into developing the Hershey piece.

Hey! More power to him if he can do it in a subliminal amount of time.Im guessing though,it is more of a challenge to him to adapt his style to what he thinks of as keeping up with present trends than sticking with his original encapsulation of Dredd.

All in all though McMahon will agree with you  most.

Just to prove hes in control(when its obviously blatantly not)

thanks for the debate anyways.Nice examples.
:)

Carlsborg Expert

Mike,
Do you not realise how much concentration goes into developing the Hershey piece.

Hey! More power to him if he can do it in a subliminal amount of time.Im guessing though,it is more of a challenge to him to adapt his style to what he thinks of as keeping up with present trends than sticking with his original encapsulation of Dredd.

All in all though McMahon will agree with you  most.

Just to prove hes in control(when its obvious he is blatantly not)

thanks for the debate anyways.Nice examples.
:)

Floyd-the-k

I don't care how much work goes into it, but I like the recent 'cubist' style myself.

yours wishing his family would get him some of these GN's for an imminent birthday

Carlsborg Expert

Its more comic book styly,which I think hes got better at personally.

IndigoPrime

:: I imagine one of the factors as to why Dredd files are going
:: to be cheaper, is to appeal to those who have earlier
:: collections.

Also: Dredd sells. Dropping the price on a likely-to-sell item will increase sales. Doing so on a more obscure character just means making a loss. Finally, this is effectively competing against the big-ol' Marvel and DC books, and therefore has to be priced in a similar manner.