Main Menu

The Novel of the Wicker Man

Started by paulvonscott, 16 June, 2005, 10:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

It's ?2.97 in music zone I didn't even know it had been rereleased.  Like the first chapter, it's not a long book either which is good (someone shoot me before I have to finish Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell).

Also got Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, as that too looked fairly short.  I've bought books by wotsisname before but never bothered to read them, as this is the famous one, I'll read this and see if I want to read something, er, longer.

Byron Virgo

THe Wicker Man novelisation surprisingly is pretty good - it originally came out in the late seventies, and I seem to remember buying a copy from a second hand bookshop when I was a kid. It was republished a few years ago when the released the restored DVD and making of book. It's a light, fun read that compliments the film quite well, and you could probably read the whole book in a couple of hours.

therev

Yeah I've got the year 2000 reprint.
Haven't read it yet, keep meaning to.

johnnystress

I'd pick that up if i saw it- the kind of thing I love to find in charity shops

currently reading Carter (origanally called 'Jacks Return Home'-how shit was that?)- the novel of Get Carter

great stuff

therev

Anyone ever read or seen the film Birdy?
I loved the soundtrack but only recently bought the film then today saw the book in a charity shop.

petemaskreplica

For some reason I've never seen the film of Birdy, but I too love the soundtrack and I've read the book and it's great, to the best of my recollection.
Wicker Man book's good too, a very good adjunct to the film, IIRC it's got a lot of material which was intended for the movie but either wasn't filmed or doesn't survive on celluloid.