Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Well of course the shark is the victim.  :-\
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

So, where are we? It's looking like on top of the tories threatening to put refugees in prison for fourteen years for the temerity to escape war zones without paying Tui for the privilege, they now want to lock journalists up for a similar length of time if they cause the government "embarrassment", by, er, reporting when they break the law. And their generous counteroffer to the recommended 15% NHS payrise is... 3%.

I don't often post on this thread because frankly I am not a.well man and my heart/ blood pressure couldn't stand the strain, but... drokk those motherfunting spugfunts.

SBT

Hawkmumbler

Tories deserve to be shot politely asked to be better people in the street.

paddykafka

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 July, 2021, 05:31:35 PM

And so I'm back to "no comment" as  the only acceptable comment I can make at this point. I've seen this movie and recognise Chief Brody slopping chum into the water when I see him. Don't want no more barrels in my hide...

I think we're going to need a bigger thread.

Robin Low

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 21 July, 2021, 07:39:06 PMAnd their generous counteroffer to the recommended 15% NHS payrise is... 3%.

I think 3% is what the Pay Review Body recommended. 15% is what some of the unions were asking for. The Royal College of Nursing was asking for 12.5%.

I won't pretend that a bit of extra money in the pocket wouldn't be welcome, but given the way things are right now, more staff, resources and facilities would improve our quality of life considerably, especially staff.

Obviously, the NHS is a huge organisation and we won't all agree on this, but the people I work with are mostly just thankful we still have jobs.

Also, I worry that a 15% pay rise would trigger a wave of resentment and jealously towards the NHS, and we can really do without that kind of shit at the moment.

Regards,

Robin

milstar

And now he has to live with it. Tbh, he better face the fucking consequences than issuing an apology (likely fake as they always do, as if "I have me plenty Ngg friends"). Pff.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: milstar on 22 July, 2021, 01:12:50 PM

And now he has to live with it. Tbh, he better face the fucking consequences than issuing an apology (likely fake as they always do, as if "I have me plenty Ngg friends"). Pff.

https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-councilman-who-used-n-word-wont-apologize-may-run-mayor-1611884

FTFY - seems you used an image link in your post rather than a URL one.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

milstar

Jeez, I haven't even noticed. Thanks.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

JayzusB.Christ

No bother. It truly is a horrendous story alright, but not altogether surprising these days.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

milstar

IAMTHESYSTEM

Well, the West has failed in Afghanistan, the 'graveyard of Empires.' The Enlightenment age, which believed in self-determination and scientific progress, perhaps fades into history a little more. Bush and Blair believed they could convert a society steeped in conservative Islamism to accept modernity. This ill-conceived idea collapses with little ceremony, and so quickly, it appears to have been almost a mirage, and with large amounts of martial material lost to those hardly disposed towards western liberalism. A hard lesson in Imperial hubris is that you cannot create by force and belief alone some westernized version of another country, and Suez seems like a minor hiccup compared to this debacle. It might be the Saigon moment of this century.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hawkmumbler

Incels are terrorists. The media splitting hairs over this does nobody any good.

milstar

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 16 August, 2021, 09:30:14 AM
Well, the West has failed in Afghanistan, the 'graveyard of Empires.' The Enlightenment age, which believed in self-determination and scientific progress, perhaps fades into history a little more. Bush and Blair believed they could convert a society steeped in conservative Islamism to accept modernity. This ill-conceived idea collapses with little ceremony, and so quickly, it appears to have been almost a mirage, and with large amounts of martial material lost to those hardly disposed towards western liberalism. A hard lesson in Imperial hubris is that you cannot create by force and belief alone some westernized version of another country, and Suez seems like a minor hiccup compared to this debacle. It might be the Saigon moment of this century.

Like any "humanitarian" intervention, Afghanistan is failure. I wonder whether those responsible will answer for war crimes (including dear Mr. Blair).

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 August, 2021, 11:42:35 AM
Incels are terrorists. The media splitting hairs over this does nobody any good.

Depends on the incel, surely? I mean, their whole so-called ideology is a blight on society, but they're not ALL committing violent acts.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 August, 2021, 04:07:01 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 August, 2021, 11:42:35 AM

Depends on the incel, surely? I mean, their whole so-called ideology is a blight on society, but they're not ALL committing violent acts.

Nah, Hawk just got it arseways. Terrorists are all incels.
You may quote me on that.