Main Menu

Terminator TV series in the UK

Started by Steve Green, 14 June, 2007, 06:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I just saw that Virgin are going to launch Virgin One on freeview, as an answer to Sky One (hmmm).

One of the programmes they've bought is that Sarah Connor Chronicles/Terminator thingy.

I've no idea if it's aired in the US yet, but it makes a change from Sky nabbing US series.

- Steve

Mangamax

Apparently its on Youtube.
And apparently its shite.
Can't be bothered looking
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Steve Green

I saw a trailer on Youtube, but it got pulled according to wikipedia.

The TV Series isn't due to air until 2008 it seems.

- Steve

WoD

Art

How bout this for an idea for a series? "Dutch Courage" - it'd be a prequel to Predator, showing the adventures of Dutch before he met the Predator. He'd travel the world and get into all sorts of scrapes. Obviously as a prequel to a movie set in 1987 it would star someone much younger than Arnie, sort of like Young Indiana Jones.

Or how about this, "The Matrix Chronicles", following the pre-Commando adventures of John Matrix...

Or Matrix Vs Predator.

Or Matrix Vs Raw Deal vs Terminator vs Predator - It's gold!

Wils

Art

That would be pretty awesome.

If computer trickery could be used to bring together all of Arnolds pre-Twins action movie rolls for a to-0the-death battle royale then it would pretty much be the best movie ever.

* Twins and every movie he made after it are sell out, played for laughs cash-in shite and should be ignored. Except maybe T2 and Total Recall.

Quirkafleeg

Art

Fuck you Gary, damn your Action-Comedy genre hybrids to hell!

Quirkafleeg

Peter Wolf

I dont bother with  film-tv spinoffs as they are tame rubbish.

And also why has there only been 2 predator films in 20 years ?      what is their problem?     no one interested probably.         stupid film companies.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JOE SOAP

mechanix81

what about true lies 2, only this time husband and wife're spying against each other...

oh. :)
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Peter Wolf

I didnt include that but it hadnt slipped my mind.        It had its moments  but it became a bit muddled and could have done with  a better plot  as it was trying to do too many things at once.        Not nearly enough Alien  - Predator fight scenes and the predators were killed off too quickly.                A waste in other words.

the flashback to the pyramid scene was very very good.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Art

I'm not sure I'd encourage the making of more Predator films, Predator 2 was bad enough as it was.

And I think I'd sooner forget about ALiens Vs Predator as well. Such a beautifully simple concept, which the Dark Horse comic pretty much nailed, and they cock it up with a bunch of extraneous crap about antarctic pyramids full of Tomb Raider style puzzles. I'd say they'd made it like some stupid videogame but that's doing a disservice to the Rebellion game.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/" target="_blank">This will be shit as well