Main Menu

Laying down the Law.

Started by Carlsborg Expert, 22 April, 2006, 12:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

I saw this phenomenal scene today.

Me ant' missus were walking back from the doctors through south manchester.Now being that we had dickheads on bikes mowing us over nearly on bikes on the pavement when there was plenty of quiet road to go on and lots of little out of control asbos waiting for us to make eye contact with us,we discussed howc we avoided it or dealt with it with our superior inteligence. As we went along a small estate, on a road off to our left was this huge cop horse. You know those fecking massive ones. Amzing beasts. Astride was a female copper . they were on the pavement and circling around on this youf. Let me describe him to you. Dressed in black hooded to intimidate and possibly giving this horsecop grief. When we turned to this scene it was almost photographic. The sun was shining. The players totally still for an infinite moment. Then it played out .

The horse stepped its two forehooves of the kerb. The little fug crapped himself. The copper remained silent and had a look on her face as if to say, I ain't gonna do ought but my friend here, well you can see hes getting a bit authoritive with you boy.

Then the back hooves hopped off the kerb and the shister took another weak jump. He could not move. like a weazel caught in the deadlights. the amount of times these people use non-verbal passive aggressive behaviour on us freeloving couples to intimdate us, it was a pleasure for some huge force of nature( which no doubt these little gangster wannabees proclaim themselves to be with a gun in their hands taking lives and f*cking people over)actually showing this geezah where he stood in the food chain.

I thought that must be what its like to meet Judge Dredd.

I'm not a big backer of the law but sometimes there are individuals who know just how much to push law enforcement. This cop wasn't big headed or showing off. Doing her job properly counted. Nasty little villian, and he was a villian I lived with many,certainly got a gentle touch of whathis parents should have sat him down and shown him years ago.

A good man knows his limitations.
This is not a stage for their gangstah filum.

Respect not just the law of people but the law of nature.

Thought some of you armchair slabjockeys might have a few to share.

Carlsborg Expert

Doh' this could have gone in the YAY" category.

Apologies.

Bhuna

Where in South Manchester did this take place?

I live around the area so I know what these chavvy little shites are like!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

judge dreddd

baaa, just get out the daystick and beat the crap out of em for looking slightly suspect !

judge dreddd

you know, i like dredd, and you know why, because without some bully boy copper the hoodies of this world would take over and we would have to resort to natural justice

all this modern hippy crap about nicey nicey policing is crud, shoot the feckers !

Carlsborg Expert

its not so much that.I mean nothing happened to him but his self assured skill of making peoples lives a misery was double checked.heh

Fallowfield Da B.Hart Road area.Walking from Nell road.

judge dreddd

no, hardcore policing is the answer, why was there only one copper at those football matches in the 40s ?

because kids grew up knowing the local bobby would bash em if they stepped out of line

Funt Solo

By God, yes!  Bring back the birch!  National service - that'll teach 'em some respect, by God, blah blah blah...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Mounted police are cool for many reasons, aside for the satisfying 'taste of your own medicine' for scumbags alluded to by Carlsborg.  Up close, the presence of such magnificent animals under the control of their (usually quite small) riders is a visual shorthand for authority and discipline.  It's almost axiomatic that if the cop can command the respect of that creature, they might just be worthy of your respect.  (Always assuming that they are)

Aslo, most kids instinctively love horses (round my way at least), and anything that lifts their heads out of the shite of decaying suburban life and makes them look up is a good thing.  Young chavs or skangers weren't born that way, but it's what they come to know.  

Not so fond of their role in riots though.  Being on horseback restricts your options to strikes on the head, seldom a good idea in crowd control.  And Peterloo always springs to mind... (yes, I know that was Hussars, but its the principle man, the principle...)

judge dreddd

who knows eh, live and let live ?

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith2006/lecture3.shtml" target="_blank">blah blah on it all

SamuelAWilkinson

Not so fond of their role in riots though.

Yeah, but their main role in riots is being scary as fuck. No rioter wants to take on an angry police horse.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Carlsborg Expert

Its like anything that challenges them is dealt with fear ending with fight or flight syndrome.

Bolt-01

Smoker: Just seen this, glad all is cool. Bet the mounted officer was based at Hough End. They used to do open days there when I was a kid and the horses are just amazing.

Hart road eh, that takes me back. Used to be a nice chippy on there, and my old Primary school (Wilbraham) is on one of the jucntions.

Bolt-01: Ex Manc.

Carlsborg Expert

Thats right Bolters, the incident I speak of happened between wibraham Primary school and the Withington/Wythenshaw(?) drop in centre.

Devons Daddy

truly a moment for any civil minded person to enjoy.

great mental image of that taking place.
wonderful post.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!