Main Menu

Judge Dredd Movie on 5 tonight.

Started by Carlsborg Expert, 12 July, 2006, 12:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

Go on you know you want to watch.

Also a big Superhero weekend on 5 and " The Curse of Superman" on 4 sunday I think.

Nicely timed for the lack of Doctor Who...

Yeah I though about the merge but...

Look sum fiwms r ron.

Keef Monkey

Did you see the top twenty superheroes on sky 3 the other night? Was a british show and Dredd didn't even get a mention. You could put it down to the movie being a turkey but Spawn was in it for fuck sake. I can never resist watching the Dredd movie again though...

DavidXBrunt

I don't like it but still bought a nightstick prop. What is wrong with me?

Carlsborg Expert

Well I suspect this showing tonight is some sort of " Where do we put this guy?" as far as the realm of Superheroes go, according to CH5.

Quirkafleeg

Well it's either the 'mutton drama' on BBC2 or 'on the busses with some tottie' thing on ITV for me

JOE SOAP

"Did you see the top twenty superheroes on sky 3 the other night? Was a british show and Dredd didn't even get a mention."

Dreed aint a superhero, he's an antihero -thankfully.

Bico

The superhero thing only listed superheroes with movies or tv shows being shown by Sky, interspersed with the odd clip from Superman Returns.  Blade was also in there, so it's argueable Dredd should have got a mention.

ThryllSeekyr

I guess the Dredd movie that was made is better than not having any Dredd movie at all.

dweezil2

I heartily agree! As much as people bitch and moan about the Dredd movie, the fact can't be escaped that a british comic book character has been immortalised on film-and when was the last time that happened? The Dredd film is far, far from perfect, but I for one, am glad it was made.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

paulvonscott

I always have a lot of mixed feelings about the movie.  But we've since seen that just about any good comic book can make a bad movie (Alan Moore's had particularly bad luck with 4 films).

I'd still press for a Directors Cut/Special Edition with Danny Cannon in full control.  With seperate commentaries by Stallone, Cannon and Wagner/Grant/Ezquerra.

ThryllSeekyr

But, I will bitch and moan about the latest Superman film.

We don't need it.

DavidXBrunt

the fact can't be escaped that a british comic book character has been immortalised on film-and when was the last time that happened?

Jane, Modesty Blaise, Andy Capp.

Carlsborg Expert

Ye-ah, DVD it.

I like the fact that channel 5 choose to use the Velvet Underground's "Venus in Furs" as a soundtrack to the teaser. My favourite band of all time. With my favourite Lawman.

Shiny, shiny
Shiny boots of leather...

Steve Green

five's trailers are usually pretty good.

They did a great one with  Bittersweet Symphony as the soundtrack for a Van Damme movie with him marching down a corridor bashing into people.

- Steve

JeffreyMT

The TV listing in todays Times was very kind about the Dredd film. It's described as flawed but sporadically engaging with much lost in translation.
I'd think that 11 years on from relaease I'd go along with that. I always find myself watching it when it's on TV even though I own it on video and DVD!