Main Menu

Did Sylvester.....?

Started by Carlsborg Expert, 25 August, 2006, 08:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

Did Sylvester Stallone write the script for Saturday Night Fever?

And that he originated as a writer not an actor?

Cheers

AnT

Carlsborg Expert

Sorry!
More Screenplay and Directing Work
Stallone has also co-written several other films, such as Tango and Cash, and directed others, such as the sequel to Saturday Night Fever, Staying Alive. His...

Thinking about it, his role in Deathrace 2000 probably preceded any writing acclaim he had in Hollywood. David Carradine was up for best Judge Dredd I also remember.

I, Cosh

He won the Oscar for Best Screenplay for Rocky.

No idea about anything else.
We never really die.

Carlsborg Expert

I checked my Hamlyn's and the net and he did, so it seems, do a lot of this type of thing.

All my query was based on was an discussion involving the comparison between Sly, Robert De Niro, Al Cappucino, David Caridine and Bruce Lee.

davidbishop

Stallone was nominated for two Oscars on Rocky - best actor and best original screenplay - but he won neither. He was an actor first, before the screenplay for Rocky got his writing noticed. Directing was the next step.

db

Martin Jameson

Did he not write a book years ago called Paradise Alley which was later turned into a film directed by himself?

I'm sure I remember reading it and thinking it not too bad.

Wils

In regards to Stallone's writing, I've always found this quote by him really funny:

"I'm astounded by people who take 18 years to write something. That's how long it took that guy to write Madame Bovary. And was that ever on the New York Times Best-Sellers list?"

JOE SOAP

Did he not write a book years ago called Paradise Alley which was later turned into a film directed by himself?

There was a film called Paradise Alley with Stallone & Armand Assante in it.

Buddy

Paradise Alley is a fantastic film.

Quirkafleeg

I remember his efforts as a 'modern artist' on the Word...

Martin Jameson

Well, not only did he write, direct and star in it he also sang the opening song!

The man's a genius!

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Alley" target="_blank">Paradise Alley