Main Menu

I'm not one for new year resolutions but.....

Started by Buddy, 01 January, 2007, 12:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I really have to lose some weight!

I also intend buying much more artwork this year.

Misanthrope

I will find a job I like, lose weight and save money for a holiday with my kids.

But in this reality I don't have any.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Carlsborg Expert

I have to cutdown on smoking as I have been informed, the building I've been living in the past seven years is to have ASBESTOS removed from it!

I do not know if it is blue or not, I have chronic bronchitis though.
 Grrrreeeeaat. This is why I hate building material that think they're smart. Cunts.

Dark Jimbo

Getting some momentum going in my chosen professional field. I want to draw for a living, dammit! Being a petrol station till-monkey was not why I went to Uni...

Oh, and getting some female (ahem)company would be nice too, if only to ease my crippling loneliness. God, does anyone else get depressed by New Years?
@jamesfeistdraws

Floyd-the-k

why not fix your loneliness first, then get the female company? Some study showed that married people suffer from loneliness in the same proportion as single people.  Of course, it's always nice to have a root.

My resolutions are same as before; get fit, write more, study harder.  Perhaps I should only make achievable resolutions: continue being bald, turn 45, sleep mostly at night....

Jim_Campbell

"God, does anyone else get depressed by New Years?"

I despise New Year, and have done for as long as I've been old enough to be expected to 'celebrate' it.

I have no problem with Christmas - eat too much, drink too much, give gifts to loved ones and get a warm, fuzzy feeling if you've managed to get them something they really want.

New Year? Fuck it. It's just a free day off work, as far as I'm concerned.

Have people round? I don't think so. Go round to someone else's? And then spend three hours trying to get a taxi to take you home ... Go to the pub? Now even my local has taken to charging admission on New Year's Eve and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for the privilege of drinking in a pub I go to three or more times a week anyway.

For at least the last six years, me and the missus have stopped in, got pleasantly pissed and otherwise allowed the event to pass unmarked.

Nonetheless, I hope that 2007 brings you all at least some of what you're hoping for.

Me, I'm still waiting for all that stuff Tomorrow's World promised me thirty years ago. It's the future, goddamit! Where the fuck are my flying cars, eh?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

paulvonscott

I've always thought New Years Eve was a bit grim and I don't normally celebrate it.  I don't like it at this time of year when it's all dark and grotty, I'm always tired and have no motivation.

I usually either visit friends, or as in this year, had them visit me.  They've just gone and I'm left with huge mess to clear up.  Playing boardgames, watching old episodes of the sweeney and the odd drink is a good way to waste it.

New years resolutins, I don't make them as such either but it's always a time when I reflect on what I've done or more accurately what I should have done.  

I'm going to try and concentrate more on making my comics this year, selling off the old games stuff and any other useless junk cluttering up my life, continue on with the walking I've been doing for six months (which has really slowed down this last few weeks) and generally try and 'get it together' a bit more.

Well, it's sort of a plan.

critter

I don't like it at this time of year when it's all dark and grotty, I'm always tired and have no motivation.

PVS sounds like you're suffering seasonal affective disorder.
Now as far as resolutions go I quit smoking and as of Jan 2, I have to really watch what I eat and follow a strict diet. This comes from not having a job, had to cut the smokes. Same with diet, I don't have insurance to buy the meds to keep cholestrol, trigliserydes, and gout in check.

critter

Noisybast

I lost 3 stone in the first quarter of last year, and put one of them back on over the rest of the year.
I reckon I'll aim to do pretty much the same thing this year.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Matt Timson

I've given up making resolutions- I only end up despising myself for breaking them...

A three stone weight loss is quite impressive indeed.  Unless it involved some form of amputation, of course...

;)
Pffft...

-Dunk!-

I really have to lose some weight too.

See Xmas party pictures.

amputation... hmm.

hag

instead of the usual lose weight, don't procrastinate, get married, stop smoking resolutions of previous years this year i've made one very simple one.

wear lipstick.

Wils

A three stone weight loss is quite impressive indeed. Unless it involved some form of amputation, of course...

Now *that* statement reminds me of the time you royally insulted Trouty... ;)

Buttonman

There are a lot of fat feckers on this board, and I count myself among their number. We could do a fit club style slimfest with the winner getting a box of Krispy Kreme Do-nuts.

I too do the yo-yo dieting thing and normally lose half a stone in January just by giving up the booze. The other great tip is to start smoking, as the fags stop you stuffing muffins in your gob.

Natsan

Well that obviusly hasn't worked for me,being a fat bastard AND a smoker.

Keeps both hands occupied though... ;p