Main Menu

Prog 1518 - Go Atomic!

Started by Rex Banner, 03 January, 2007, 07:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

I remember a couple of years ago seein' a prog on tv about a fella that had found out how to recover the original sound recordings off the tapes that Nixon had wiped.

Apparently back then erasing tapes wasn't all it was cracked up to be and a ghost of the recording was still on the magnetic tape but I don't think they ever said what was supposed to have been erased.

TordelBack

Good enough for Nixon...

Well, indeed.  Kinda my point.

Keef Monkey

So far there's not been any mention of Booth building a big robot army, they probably would have noticed that by now. Or am I getting my history all mixed up? Seem to remember Dredd talking about that in The Cursed Earth.

The Amstor Computer

Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to - the Judges should be gearing up for the Battle of Armageddon with Booth's robo troopers at some point...

paulvonscott

Possibly next week when the Mega-Cities declare independance!

I feel sorry for those not enjoying themselves, 2000AD is a total blast for me right now with Dredd, ABC's and Stickleback (plus two other strips I'm fairly neutral about, not often I read a whole prog).

I should say I loved the cover, very nice work Meester Harrison.  I'll start the bidding at a hundred quid ;)

The New Mills series looks nice (not a prompt for some slagging off please) and Detonator X sounds like something Al Ewing would invent!

JOE SOAP

+++So far there's not been any mention of Booth building a big robot army

Haven't we already seen the robots flying down to the oil rigs when Booth declared his invasion to the world a few issues ago. I'm sure he kept a few at home just to be on the safe side.

JOE SOAP

We saw the robots a few issues ago when Booth announced that the war had started. They were landing at a fuel plant or something.

JOE SOAP

Bad Andy

Stickleback is fantastically intriguing. I like it.

Not really sure what to make about Origins. Was it billed as an epic? Well it's not. At least not yet - hopefully the last 10 episodes will kick in stuff happening 'real time'.

It's an interesting story though, just not epic. I'm an impatient bugger.

Carlsborg Expert

I think Joe and Rico are two cool fuckers when they are taking compolements....

The cow in Stickleback is one of those things that can be read into for me.This story has me bowled. Its good looking and some nice characters, " Faboi!"

AbC Warriors seems to be turning into archetypal battle storyline which is disappointing, with such great introduction' one would like to see the imagineering going a bit further. And what's wrong with a nice building shot that has some dialogue on it?

We know Clint is a hard worker so why not free him up to do more scenic rather than picture puppet story telling?

Kingdom seems to have ground to a halt as far as plot is concerned as we get ready for more scrapping. A scrappy dappy DOO!

I end on Dante as it is clearly getting back into a romp again and I am left wondering how the Benny Hill scenario is meted out.

Carlsborg Expert

I think Joe and Rico are two cool fuckers when they are taking compolements....

The cow in Stickleback is one of those things that can be read into for me.This story has me bowled. Its good looking and some nice characters, " Faboi!"

AbC Warriors seems to be turning into archetypal battle storyline which is disappointing, with such great introduction' one would like to see the imagineering going a bit further. And what's wrong with a nice building shot that has some dialogue on it?

We know Clint is a hard worker so why not free him up to do more scenic rather than picture puppet story telling?

Kingdom seems to have ground to a halt as far as plot is concerned as we get ready for more scrapping. A scrappy dappy DOO!

I end on Dante as it is clearly getting back into a romp again and I am left wondering how the Benny Hill scenario is meted out.

JOE SOAP

+++Not really sure what to make about Origins. Was it billed as an epic? Well it's not. At least not yet - hopefully the last 10 episodes will kick in stuff happening 'real time'.

There's only 8 episode left.

Carlsborg Expert