Main Menu

1524: IKONOCLASM

Started by JOE SOAP, 09 February, 2007, 11:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Joe never missed. That twattin' warrior pulled the targets head down just at the wrong time. Cannon fodder, they always get in the way!

Proudhuff

great cover that's got to pick up a few newbies or old comebacks...

Damage report: 30 year archive on one shelf... has there been a mass clear out or a fire at Rebellion?

JD: what a loverly light touch that nice Mr Gibson's got, so much white, I'm reminded of when Steve Yeoll (sp) started taking things down to a minimum, great story too, nice to see a MkI again, now that's a Judge's gun.

Stickleback: Ah Joy! surely it can't be all tied up in one episode? unless our hero gets the chop and that's that.
I spy:
page 1, is that Kelly's Eye around his neck?
Page 2: Wickerman, Janus, The tarot handed man anymore?
Page 3 Harliquinn.
More please Thargy!! and soon.

ABC; A visual treat and nice to see the backstory of the Warriors and so little text! sgoodstuff

Kingdom: its sucked me in, the artwork suits the story and nice twist.

Dirty F: how good was that! 'Plague of zombies'LOL

Back page ad: anyone know this publication?

over all a really brilliant Prog, especially as it came in the same post as two nasty letters fi the bank

between the i's Huff
DDT did a job on me

Leigh S

Thats the chap from Leviathan isnt it - the other symbol round his neck is the Leviathan symbol

The Amstor Computer

Yup - that's Sir William Ashbless, and the pendant round his neck is indeed the Leviathan Eye. With the crossover between this strip and The Red Seas & D'Israeli's comments about a "greater Edginton-Verse", is it possible that this strip and Leviathan could crossover? I'm not sure of the dates for Leviathan, but I wouldn't be surprised if they coincided with Stickleback...

ukdane

With the crossover between this strip and The Red Seas

What was that?
Cheers

-Daney

ming

Was it The Jolly Cripple?  Or did I miss something else?

The Amstor Computer

Yup, it was The Jolly Cripple (although I haven't checked D'Israeli's blog notes, so there may be something else I've missed...)

I, Cosh

Back page ad: anyone know this publication?

Interzone? Yes. British SF mag, been going for about a hundred years. I've not picked one up for a while, but most issues used to have five or six short stories of variable quality and a stack of book reviews.

Another good Prog this week. I thought Low Life went downhill slightly but this has still been a cracking return for the series.
We never really die.

Art

I've thought about writing something for them a number of times but always come to the conclusion that I just can't write prose.

Lord Running Clam

"With the crossover between this strip and The Red Seas

What was that?"

Along with the pub, I think a picture of the Captain (canĂ¢??t remember his name right now, Jack Dancer?) turns up behind Stickleback when you first see him.

paulvonscott

Another good prog.  Not much more to add than before, maybe later.

JOE SOAP

Great prog again this week, 5 good strips.

Gibson's art is standout, with nice references to his "Acandemy" strips, though Dredd's Mk II lawgiver looks like a spud gun.

paulvonscott

Never really made the link between the roll of honour and gibson.  'Doh!' as I believe the popular utterance goes.

Carlsborg Expert

I really adore Dizzy's work on Stickleback. Not one dull panel in there. The fella is cutting edge with b/w.

Really feeling the characters and the world. Masterful story and editing too.

Albion

I think I'm the only person here who doesn't like Low Life.

The rest of the prog is great though.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.