Main Menu

Vikings with Horned Helmets makes for god entertainment

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 09 February, 2007, 02:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Noticing the small picture of the the young man in furrs holding up a horned helmet from a new movie called 'Path-Finder' in the new films section of the Christmas edition of the Judge Dredd Megazine. I just had look it up, find out what story was on the world wide web.

I just watched the trailer for this just now and it looks pretty exciting if out this sort of movie that would keep me you on the edge of your seat.

Karl Urban as the young Norse-blooded boy raised by the Indian tribe his people invaded/raided/pillaged that sort of thing.

There is also mention of Clancy Brown. Perhaps as a Viking Leader, ( Perhaps the Villian.) returning this actor to a similar  territory of furred leggings, swords, and beheadings when he once was the Kurgon from 'Highlander'.

In the trivia section of IMDB.com and as evident from the movie trailer. These vikings are in full uniform
including the impressive looking horned helmets that they were only known to wear in popular if inaccurate viking fantacy.

I think this look was actualley stolen from traditional Celtic warrior garb. If it's not what they traditionally wore. During the Battle of Clontarf, ( I'm not terribly bothered wether or not this happened before or after the Vikings had invaded Vineland.)  Perhaps some of the Vikings who had made it back to their ships on time had taken the famous the head gear back with them.

Putting aside what ever was meant to be historically accurate, the movie looks cool anyway.

Link: http://www.pathfinderthemovie.com/" target="_blank">Vikings with horned helmets

http://planetefutur.free.fr/frazetta/m_dd87_2.jpg">

ThryllSeekyr

Incidently, just what does the name 'Path-Finder' stnad for.

One can only guess.

A Viking boy raised by indians because some Vikings who invaded them left him behind.

Why was he with Viking raiders if he was young?

Were they making a mass migration to that part of the world?

More to the point, what decisions does a young viking man like that who has grown up among indian natives knowing he might be at odds with own ancestors.

I think this is more to the point of the movie.

COMMANDO FORCES

I've borrowed the pirate version of this film of a mate and hope to watch it later in the wee hours. I shall then let you know how it rates.

TordelBack

Now that looks like my kind of movie.  No pretence of historical accuracy, just some brutal hacking of cool costumes.  The good woman has one of her inexplicable 'things' for Karl Urban, so I may even get to see it in the cinema.  Do let u sknow how it goes, Commando, but no spoilers please!

Mr C

American Indians versus Vikings? Hardcore!

Although admittedly the vikings look more like Chaos Warriors. Or is that just my misspent white dwarf reading youth speaking?

ThryllSeekyr

The Vikings looked like they had walked out of a Frank Fazetta painting. I forgot to mention that earlier They have neo-fantacy look about them, the same also goes for the chioce of scenery.

JOE SOAP

Looks hillarious. It's great that Indians and Vikings could all use the English language to communicate with back then.

ThryllSeekyr

I have't really noticed that.

Though have the accents right.

Maybe the trailer was made before they had actuaely bothered to dubb the voices and use subtitles.

In the other Viking movie posted on this thread about a fortnight ago 'Outlander'. They had actualley gone to all the trouble of using old norse or what ever it's called.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well it was okay.
Starts off with the Vikings leaving a child behind (I won't go into specifics) and soon he's an adult and ebjoying his life.
The Vikings return and then it turns into a Ramboesque type battle. There is one scene with the standoff over the pit that is quite moving especially with the score playing over it.
The only problem was the blatent rip off of ideas from other movies which you see coming a mile off.
Even though it was a rollocking ride.

ThryllSeekyr

I just read on wikipdeia the Karl Urban almost got the lead role in the other Viking epic 'Outlander', but James Caviezel.

Say COMMANDO FORCES, you say you watched the pirated version. I'm not even sure if this movie has been released yet.

Dark Jimbo

Say COMMANDO FORCES, you say you watched the pirated version. I'm not even sure if this movie has been released yet

Er... Surely that's what makes his version a pirate copy...? :-)
@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

I never buy them.

The lads at work buy loads and I just borrow them every now and then.

I've got the last King of Scotland & Blood Diamond to watch tomorrow. The copies vary but I'm not paying so "Who Cares Wins"

ThryllSeekyr

I naturally assume that the movie is kept under tight wrapping until it's released. Should be nigh impossible to get hold of pirate copy unless you are in the movie buisness.

Once the movie is showing in cinema's. There are perhaps always going to be cinema patrons making bootlegg copies while watching the film themselves. ( If you remember a certain episode of Seinfeld.)

Any other way I know a copy can be made is if you buy the VCR or DVD itself once that movie had already been and gone on the cinema screen. This way as far as I know would be the only way that the best pirated copies can be obtained.