Main Menu

Diddly-dum, diddly-dum, diddly-dum, oooo-eeee-ooooo...

Started by Mike Carroll, 21 March, 2005, 06:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakara

Shakara

...I'm serious...
the acting is shoddy as hell and the 'humor' ruins any chance of suspence.

Nice that they've purposely made all the effects crap to echo the charm of the original

Shakara

..no sorry I'm being malicious

It's not awful, it could be a lot worse.

They've just being hyping it up in SFX no end.

Eccleston's Doctor is quite fascinating actually. Bad photoshopping on the photos of him in the past though

Shakara

...oh lord the bin BURPED...

no this is horrific

longmanshort

Abolsutely loving it!!! Shame the first scenes were ruined by some BBC idiot not turning Graham Norton's microphone off ...

Nive, snappy dialogue. Not Shakespeare but with plenty of twists and turns ;)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Shakara

...OH THE MINDLESS CHANGES OF THOUGHT!

The script goes from genius to awful every second!
The music is shit though, it sounds like something from a CBBC drama. Jaysus I wish Piper didn't sound/look so much like a chav.
"How comes you sound like yor from da norf den?"
"Wot abaht down ere?"

longmanshort

Shakara

My lord the effects look like they're from Mortal Kombat, and WHERE THE HELL do they have Dummies that look like that?

They could've used those really warped ones, which huge faces. They must've be weeping right now at SFX

Shakara

That doesn't stop her being bollocks

Shakara

Ah the next one looks decent though

longmanshort

Gotta disagree with you, mate. Thought that was fan-bloody-tastic. Pacy, clever, nice nods to the fans, a good starter for non-Who fans and kids ...

In short - I can't bloody wait till next week!

McNulty

I liked it and will be happily awaiting next week's episode!

Endjinn

I resisted the urge to download and I must say, the wait was worth it. Nice one, BBC-types!

Mike Carroll

We really enjoyed it, despite the unexpected Graham Norton cameo appearance, and despite the "because we have no respect for Doctor Who fans, here's a spoiler for next week's episode" bit (which triggered a mad dive for the remote control to change the channel).

Er... Shakara... How, exactly, were you able to pay attention to the show and post messages about how shite you think it is AT THE SAME TIME?

Mike C

Wils

I thought it was ok, although there were parts that made me cringe in a *big* way. Thanks to that Piper bitch, I'm seriously considering changing my surname now. ;s