Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 February, 2012, 06:32:25 PM
But is it wrong to want to undo the stitches in her face and... actually, never mind.  It is.

Someone's been watching Cronenberg's Crash? :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IAMTHESYSTEM

First image in the Movie? I reckon either the shadow of a Judge/Judges on a wall beside which lay the bullet ridden bodies of perps and juvies.

Please include Barney the Dinosaur/a codpiece/ Politicians of all devices in the massacre please DNA.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Haven't read the script, but am aware there's a chase near the start - so possibly a zoom in from a wide angle of the city to the fleeing van and the perps inside? 

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

I'm hoping for something a bit more imagination than the first action film cliché that popped in to my head!

Goaty

Thank you all for not spoilers any from script, as not read it, and wont!

But sorry as there is 1995 Judge Dredd moment, thought the opening scene to it was OK as it start with the info on screen then the Cursed Earth in background with Judge guard from left side, as winds blew into him, then a big hover ship appears next to his face! Then film gone shite!

Spaceghost

I never know if people are asking because they acvtually want to know, or are just speculating. Anyway, here's what'll happen, in spoilers, for those that want to read it. Obviously, don't read it if you don't want to spoil the surprise. I kind of wish I hadn't read the script but when I heard it was online all those months ago, I couldn't help myself.

[spoiler]The opening shot is of the Cursed Earth, zooming gradually in on MC1 as a scrawl/voice over gives us a synopsis of what events have taken place in the forming of this new world.

We see the huge towering Blocks in the distance but we are unaware of their huge scale. They are surrounded by smaller structures which appear to be low rise buildings in comparison to these huge Mega Blocks.

As we get closer, we begin to realise that the small, low rise blocks are in fact modern day skyscrapers and the huge buildings which dwarf them are the Mega Blocks.

We zoom in on the Grand Hall of Justice and then to a shot of Dredd (without his helmet!!!!), in heavy shadow, strapping on his armour, boots, gauntlets and putting on his helmet (at which point we get the 'DREDD' logo).

We then see Dredd priming his Lawgiver and see it recognising him as the authorised user. He then mounts his Lawmaster and sets of into the city where the chase scene will take place...[/spoiler]

I think that sounds really cool. If you do read it, let me know what you think in spoilers.

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Gonk

Sounds terrific for an opening sequence. Just reading that I can visualise it so clearly and feel the atmosphere. Yeah, I think they've nailed it on the head there.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Bat King

Concienciously avoided spoilers as far as possible... so thanks Lee.

You might find there is enough different from the script in the finished film to give surprises.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Sherman Kid

Yawwwwn.
Still no poster, trailer, teaser, web site ..the Dredd PR machine rumbles on.

Wake me up when anything remotely interesting happens in connection to this movie.

radiator

Wake me up when people stop whinging about there being no news.

The fact is, a couple of weeks ago we got new stills, new interviews and leaked footage all within a few days....

and within a couple of hours, the usual brigade were all clamouring for more info and whinging again about the lack of news!

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 01 March, 2012, 07:05:48 PM
Wake me up when people stop whinging about there being no news.

The fact is, a couple of weeks ago we got new stills, new interviews and leaked footage all within a few days....

and within a couple of hours, the usual brigade were all clamouring for more info and whinging again about the lack of news!

Ditto

Gonk

That was hardly anything though Radiator. Two or three new pics and a second of film clip, and 30 seconds of radio interveiw with Thirlby. Pppff.
coming at a cinema near you soon

radiator

It was more like 8/9 new stills (in two batches a few days apart), two interviews with Thirlby, 10 seconds of footage (van chase, bloke getting shot, judge gang, med center etc) and the Simon Pegg vid where Urban gives a sneak preview of the Dredd voice - all within a few weeks.

Face it - even if they released the trailer tomorrow morning, there'd be people whinging again the following day. Some people just won't be happy until the film is out!

Danbo

Some people just like a good whinge either way.

I think its a positive thing that people are so eager for news,certainly be more worrying if nobody gave a ...SWEARING WARNING...   shit.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.