Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

So Lionsgate are promoting both the Hunger Games and DREDD? Now it makes sense.

Since we're too small an audience at the 2000ad website [we are >sniff<]and the younger people  are much more on the social media sites etc promoting the Film besides their 'big' Movie release they'll hope the twitter/Facebook brigades will twiddle their thumbs and do their promoting for them!

Oh the evil of Capitalism!.   saw new HG Film -cool! + something about a Future cop -scary.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

MR. ELIMINATOR

They should release a red band trailer on the internet. People love red band trailers.

Danbo

I would bet my arse on there being a red band,only to underscore to the people who are familiar with Slys Dredd that this is a whole different kettle of fish.

And my moneys still on a Kapow debut.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CraveNoir

Quote from: Goaty on 09 March, 2012, 11:18:54 AM
Yes, but what films you think Dredd Trailer will be suitable to?

The Jason Statham film, SAFE (April 27th), or even The Cabin in the Woods (April 13th). Having said that, even a June trailer wouldn't be inconsistant with Lionsgate's ad campaigns from the past couple of years irrespective of whether the film's expected to do well or not.

Goaty

How about The Raid: Redemption (US: 23 March, UK 18 May)?

:-\

*grab the coat and ran so far!*

golledge100

QuoteAnd despite some snarky comments about my recent posts about an imminent Dredd trailer, I'm telling y'all one is imminent, and I mean it....

Can you clarify how long your "imminent" piece of string is Beaky? 1 week? 1 month? 2 months?
If you can't, then your statement is both pointless and obvious. The thing that's both irritating and amusing in equal measure is the fact that your posts suggest you know something we don't, when in fact you know as little as we do.

darnmarr

We'll get a poster before a trailer, shirley?

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I would have thought so Roger.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: darnmarr on 09 March, 2012, 07:09:00 PM
We'll get a poster before a trailer, shirley?

Don't call me Shirley.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: golledge100 on 09 March, 2012, 07:04:27 PM
Can you clarify how long your "imminent" piece of string is Beaky? 1 week? 1 month? 2 months?
If you can't, then your statement is both pointless and obvious. The thing that's both irritating and amusing in equal measure is the fact that your posts suggest you know something we don't, when in fact you know as little as we do.

I'm fully aware how it looks, and maybe I was wrong to have even mentioned it in hindsight (unbridled enthusiasm trumping discretion), but this person has been bang-on right in the past on these matters, I trust them, and he/she simply stated the Dredd trailer was "imminent", and that was about it, if I knew ANYTHING else (which I most certainly don't), I would not be posting in cloak-and-dagger terms, although it's not only this person, the whole Dredd project has been leaking like a sieve since it's inception - the entire script, props, the Lawmaster, post-production work, etc. - and that's not even including the recent unsubstantiated media reports of behind-the-scenes disagreements, DNA Films' supposed concern over the ultra-violent content, and even the IMDB report of a recent 6-minute exhibition preview screening of footage (if that report is true and that person may be who I think it is, which they most likely aren't, it probably is accurate), so it's not only from me that unsubstantiated news is coming from, but like I said, I was probably wrong to post the initial 'scoop' in the first place, but I firmly believe it to be kosher, and if it isn't, then I'll be the fool, and not for the first or last time either... apologies for how it appeared, golledge dude (or anyone else), to gratuitously tantalise was not the intent, I'll get me coat!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

dracula1

Your ok by me Beaky.  Free forum and free speech, everybodies opinion and thoughts are equal. Just air them and move on no explaination required.

golledge100

Quote. I'll get me coat!
Sheesh! Now I feel guilty. Sorry Beaky.  My intent was to defend my previous sarcky comment rather than sound like I was actually having a go! Put your coat down.

Gonk

Well Beaky has been making lots of hints and not backing them up with any evidence, suggesting to the forum to have inside knowledge.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

If Beaky "feels" its imminent its his entitlement to think so. Personally I dont think we will get a sniff till May at the earliest, just my own feelings.

But on the positive side with Jocks comments about it looking "VERY VERY GOOD" we should ease up a little and just wait for hopefully more good news to come.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

MR. ELIMINATOR

I don't think I can take this much longer! I need a trailer! Just something! Arghhhhh!!!!!!