Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Michaelvk on 15 March, 2012, 01:26:40 PM
Dunno about that.. Apparently Hunger games has a 12A rating, and generally they screen appropriate trailers?

They'll issue a violence lite version. You know the sort lots of glimpses of Action like in the Trailer for Priest or Drive etc.

Any way I doubt their going to release a Trailer on Friday BUT-you never know.

A Film about Teenagers killing one anotherThe Hunger Games might have a promo for DREDD a Film about Future Law enforcer killing teenagers and anyone else!

Anti Youth sadism rocks Cinema!

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

Yeah, I'm sure they'll have a blood-free version and a red-band, like the Rambo trailers... was just wondering if there was any regulations these days on what is shown with what films.

Cheers

Spaceghost

They tend to show trailers for films which have a similar rating to the one you've gone to see. There'd be no point putting a kid friendly trailer on of something that the majority of the audience aren't going to be able to see anyway. They'll try to target a film which would pull in a similar audience.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Steve Green

Yeah, my point is - I can't remember if there have been 18-rated films trailed in a 12A or not. My instinct was that it had to be at least a 15 to trail an 18 film.

But we don't know for sure whether Dredd is going to be an 18 or may scrape a 15.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

dweezil2

Steve McQueen's 18 rated film on sex addiction had a 12a trailer and I'm positive I watched this before a 12a rated film-may of been Another Earth.

Also Hunger Games and Dredd are of a similar genre, so it would not be improbable to see a trailer before Hunger Games.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Cheers,

must be a different convention for more indie films, than the mainstream...

SmallBlueThing

The BBFC have not yet rated ANYTHING called 'Dredd'- for film or 'video'- according to their very up-to-the-minute website. Although on Tuesday they DID rate 'Shadow Dancer', which is not due until the 6th September- so these things are not impossible.

SBT

JOE SOAP

They can still release teaser trailers for 'not yet rated' films.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 March, 2012, 08:10:34 PM
They can still release teaser trailers for 'not yet rated' films.

Correct.

Toni Scandella

Not sure why they would put out teasers for a film that's not due till September out now - unless they had a fortune in thier promotional budget I'd imaging they'd wait till late July at the very least for adverts they have to pay money out to show.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Lets hoping it will be so good that it will go viral fo rmonths on end and become a mahoosive interweb phenonomenenenenen. (Heres hoping).
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Toni Scandella on 16 March, 2012, 02:03:10 PM
Not sure why they would put out teasers for a film that's not due till September out now - unless they had a fortune in thier promotional budget I'd imaging they'd wait till late July at the very least for adverts they have to pay money out to show.

I think that's up to Lionsgate's discretion now, not strictly part of the DNA coffers, and if Lionsgate wanted to trail their later films along with their current releases, they could do it, it's why they secured the rights. Kapow 2012 scheduled in May is the next real stop anyway for anything substantial.

Goaty

Liongate got a film out in few weeks, and reviews looks positives, Cabin in the Woods. It's violent likeable so trailer of Dredd could be with it?

chuffsteruk

From Facebook:"Look to the west, Earthlets. A new dawn is rising in the land of opportunity. What will the day bring?"

Are we to surmise from that cryptic post that we are getting a trailer, but we have a to wait a few hours for the Yanks to wake up properly?? :-\ :lol:

blackmocco

US releases of more collections, I'd bet.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com