Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Ahhh.Sorry I thought it was film related.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Sherman you dont need to apologise fella. Not everyone spends their time 24/7 on here.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Goaty

Just 6 months to go  :)

weehawk

I recently saw the trailer for Lockout. I wonder if that will be more or less the feel of Dredd.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: weehawk on 20 March, 2012, 10:04:53 PM

I recently saw the trailer for Lockout. I wonder if that will be more or less the feel of Dredd.

Maybe, but I don't think it will look particularly like that.

Here's a few nice snaps of Anthony Dod Mantle shooting Dredd to tide us over:

and the first photo of the director Pete Travis on-set:

dracula1

And it was a barren and arid time...so much so that a plague of locusts did fly devouring the smallest morsels in their path!

An Ode to waiting for more Dredd news.

JayzusB.Christ

A wank, I think.  But is that Karl Urban speaking or Toby Longworth?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IAMTHESYSTEM

CyberPunk shades or what.

Is that one of the 3D cameras?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

3D shades

2 RED cameras in 3D configuration.

strontium71

I'm reminded of this...

...because I hate you.

Hoagy

So how does it all feel? This strangely adventurous style of promotion? I'm kind of uncomfortable with the way a soundtrack has ushered in a raised bar of promotional items towards the ensuing film. It could, in a very narrow way, be cause for embarrassment on the whole,if the film itself is unpalatable in a finite respect. But then there is the IDW American audience gamble that may suffer from a low pay off too. Saying that, it is very bold and all patrons are quietly confident of the film.

As Film 2012 on the bbc showed it's love for The Raid as part of blockbuster season, it occurred to me the eventuality of this could leave Dredd looking like a similar plot over-exposing the storyline to viewers in a negative equity light.

It's all making me quite nervous. Anyone want to help me rationalise these fears?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

I, Cosh

Quote from: George Dread on 22 March, 2012, 01:02:23 AM
It's all making me quite nervous. Anyone want to help me rationalise these fears?
Stop smoking so much dope on a school night?
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

So how does it all feel? This strangely adventurous style of promotion? I'm kind of uncomfortable with the way a soundtrack has ushered in a raised bar of promotional items towards the ensuing film.

There hasn't been any film promotion material yet and these other peripheral products are all separate entities. There's the book publishing which will be a slightly expanded version of the norm. The Drokk album which is akin to a fan project and not connected with the film. These things could happen without the dawning of a new Dredd film, in any year, and often has in 2000AD's history.

Whatever way the chips fall with Dredd, whether it's a brilliant, ok or shite film, the fall-out won't be as severe as what happened in '95, which was a clusterfuck of bad idea after bad idea, compounded and rammed up Tharg's green-star. The comic will endure as it's been running on a full cylinder for years now, it wasn't in '95 and there was a lot more at stake and not just a tone of money but a bad management structure waitng to liquidate the whole shebang on a whim.

Hoagy

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 March, 2012, 01:20:47 AM
Stop smoking so much dope on a school night?

Do you mean Stop Worrying the small stuff?

QuoteThere hasn't been any film promotion material yet and these other peripheral products are all separate entities.

They still seem to be exciting interest around the buzz of the film as it is now though. But you're right, and have put me at ease with;

QuoteThere's the book publishing which will be a slightly expanded version of the norm. The Drokk album which is akin to a fan project and not connected with the film. These things could happen without the dawning of a new Dredd film, in any year, and often has in 2000AD's history.

Whatever way the chips fall with Dredd, whether it's a brilliant, ok or shite film, the fall-out won't be as severe as what happened in '95, which was a clusterfuck of bad idea after bad idea, compounded and rammed up Tharg's green-star. The comic will endure as it's been running on a full cylinder for years now, it wasn't in '95 and there was a lot more at stake and not just a tone of money but a bad management structure waitng to liquidate the whole shebang on a whim.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract