Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

I'm pretty impressed with everything I've seen concerning the new Judge outfits, they look less like costumes, per se, and more like practical, functional, and credible appliances for law-enforcing in a lawless city; full protective body armour rather than a camp piece of kit designed for purely aesthetic reasons (Stallone debacle, we're looking at you) and which no Judge would last more than five minutes out on the streets of the Big Meg in, kudos to Dredd costume designer Andrew O'Connor (did I get his name right?)...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Beaky Smoochies

... and after just checking, turns out I DID NOT get it right, it's Michael O'Connor, not what I wrote, kudos to him then for the Dredd costume designs, sorry dude...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Danbo

Yeah it was different at first but now I love it too,I really need to see what it would look like drawn by the regular 2000ad artists to see how it translates back.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

vzzbux

I just want to see the uniform under the body armour.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mardroid

I hear those eagle symbol Y-Fronts are all the rage.... :lol:

Bat King

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 22 April, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Yeah it was different at first but now I love it too,I really need to see what it would look like drawn by the regular 2000ad artists to see how it translates back.

Any Art Droids got your ears on?

Would be interesting to see Dredd n other recognisable Prog Judges in the Movie gear.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: vzzbux on 22 April, 2012, 02:22:12 PM
I just want to see the uniform under the body armour.

We're starting to devour our young now  :o, a  scrap or mere morsel from the Dredd PR machine table needs to be released soon- Dredd forum thread now on lifesupport. :)

auxlen

I'm just hoping Dredd's an absolute cold blooded shit. In reality judges are a horrific idea and although they are the 'heroes' i want them to be ruthless etc.

Psidude

still not a trailer to be seen :( good job the prog is white hot ,the hell that is taking over mega city one has my  thrill senses on over ride! no film will live up to the latest dredd epic outstanding!

Michaelvk

Still nothing, eh?

Saw a copy of SFX at Tesco and found an article on Dredd.. Nothing new, same old image from waaaaay back in the day..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

MR. ELIMINATOR

I check this topic pretty much every day.

CYCLOPZ

The length of time that we've been waiting since the announcement that the film was  greenlit to the release date is much longer in comparison to other comic book movies. I seem to remember that xmen first class began shooting at a similar time to Dredd but that came out about a year ago.

I guess we just have to put up with a little more waiting until this summers heavy hitters  have all disappeared from the cinemas.

wadew1

If the trailer doesn't hit this week, I'm going to be surprised.

Statham's new movie SAFE was financed by the same companies, will be distributed by the same studio (in the US), and will probably have the same rating. Even their budgets are similar.

COMMANDO FORCES

Shall we all just wait till around July 12-15 and see what happens then!

PreacherCain

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 23 April, 2012, 01:24:01 AM
I seem to remember that xmen first class began shooting at a similar time to Dredd but that came out about a year ago.

Now there's a film that could have used some extra time!