Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Called it:

Re: DROKK
« Reply #80 on: 11 March, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

Just a thought - but I read an article that mentioned that the duo behind DROKK were originally working on a film soundtrack that never came to fruition.

Perhaps they were originally slated to work on the actual DREDD soundtrack, but it never happened for some reason, and DROKK is the result of their work?

Good that there's no bad feeling though, and this quote:

Quote"The film is going to be fucking brilliant."

...makes me very happy!

Danbo

I get the feeling anyone withing 20 miles of the Dredd production had to sign a NDA so watertight that a ducks arse would seem leaky by comparison.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Stan

For those whose interweb has Youtubeaphobia...

'Dredd' is dark and gritty, says executive producer
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a379416/dredd-is-dark-and-gritty-says-executive-producer.html

MR. ELIMINATOR

It's funny how they keep saying they are being true to the character by him keeping his hemlet on, but in the leaked script [spoiler]He gives Anderson the kiss of life, which doesn't seem very Dredd like, and he doesn't use the word creep. [/spoiler] That aside it was pretty spot on though!

I wouldn't say Karl Urbans jaw is 'sqaure' either.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 02 May, 2012, 10:41:14 PM
It's funny how they keep saying they are being true to the character by him keeping his hemlet on, but in the leaked script [spoiler]He gives Anderson the kiss of life, which doesn't seem very Dredd like, and he doesn't use the word creep. [/spoiler] That aside it was pretty spot on though!

[spoiler]So you think he'd let her die? It hasn't cropped up in the progs but doesn't mean it couldn't happen, if he had to, nor do I see it as out-of-character for a fellow judge at least.[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

Post release, I hope we get DVD extras that include different actors audtioning for Dredd -if it exists- then  their reactions to being told the helmet stays put.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 02 May, 2012, 03:16:13 PM
I get the feeling anyone withing 20 miles of the Dredd production had to sign a NDA so watertight that a ducks arse would seem leaky by comparison.

Hasn't done much good, secrecy wise, the movie has been leaking like the Titanic since almost day one; the entire script, the Lawmaster, on-set props (we're looking at YOU, Mr van Kesteren :D), post-production footage, etc.  If Dredd does get a sequel, they'll be doing it different next time out, I think they'll just plain shoot any potential leakers (which is fine by me, I don't want to see conceptual drawings and/or unfinished post-production work of Judge Death until DNA Films want us to see him)...

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 02 May, 2012, 10:41:14 PM
I wouldn't say Karl Urbans jaw is 'sqaure' either.

Aw c'mon dude, that's very different to THAT kiss in the Stallone debacle, and besides, I think it was Michaelvk that said he doesn't remember reading that scene in the shooting script, so it's entirely likely it was removed during the honing and refining scriptwriting process.  And who cares if Karl Urban's jaw isn't exactly square, I personally think he looks every bit the part from the photos we've seen, and I believe he's just going to own that character once we get to see the actual film, give him a chance dude...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

DeFuzzed

Re desperation for poster/trailer soon soon soon, I've actually done a 180 and I don't mind waiting now.

When some of you said big movies coming out sooner will be hogging the limelight, you were absolutely right in my case - the latest trailer for Dark Knight for example, has me bouncing with anticipation. And then there's Safe, MIB3, Raid, Ice Age and Prometheus.

And recently, seen Avengers (not big wow, but fun enough) so I'm pretty sated for a while.

Not only don't I mind waiting, but I think they're right to wait. Unless people are Dredd fans, or fans of the actors involved, early promo will get lost among all the better known property.

radiator

Doesn't Safe (same financiers/distributors as DREDD) come out tomorrow? Slim chance of a teaser with that...?

Otherwise, I expect it'll be late May, or June/July.

In any case, not long to wait now.

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 03 May, 2012, 11:11:16 AM
Doesn't Safe (same financiers/distributors as DREDD) come out tomorrow? Slim chance of a teaser with that...?

Otherwise, I expect it'll be late May, or June/July.

In any case, not long to wait now.

So was Hunger Games and The Cabin in the Woods, but nothing happens, it very unlikely trailer would be with Safe.

radiator

Hunger Games and Cabin... only share a distributor. Safe and DREDD are both being financed/produced by the same company - IM Global.

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 03 May, 2012, 11:28:03 AM
Hunger Games and Cabin... only share a distributor. Safe and DREDD are both being financed/produced by the same company - IM Global.

Ooop! Sorry mate. Oh very interesting... mmm....

dweezil2

I'm sure the tinternet will be the first place to host a trailer.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

PreacherCain

Quote from: dweezil2 on 03 May, 2012, 11:43:29 AM
I'm sure the tinternet will be the first place to host a trailer.

Yup trailers generally come out on the net first these days.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 03 May, 2012, 08:17:55 AM

And who cares if Karl Urban's jaw isn't exactly square, I personally think he looks every bit the part from the photos we've seen, and I believe he's just going to own that character once we get to see the actual film, give him a chance dude...

I still think he looks good in the pictures, just saying you can't really call his jaw square.