Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waltev

Regarding the poster and the scenery pic (and possibly a sad statement on my life as well) - I have never seen seen anything as cool in my life. At least I don't think so at the moment.

When I saw the Total Recall trailer I hoped the Dredd team could have done something at least vaguely similar regarding the architecture - I thought the architecture in Recall was rather MC1-like... but this is actually better!

If only I didn't have a killer hangover I'd be jumping up and down with excitement.

Re: the scenery picture - would it be all-out crazy to assume that the little flying thingies around the blocks (not referring to the is-it-a-bird-or-a-plane thingie) would be... batgliders?

That would seriously rock!!

CYCLOPZ

The Guys at Empire seem to be wondering where the trailer is, and they're usually pretty much in the loop on these things.

'Though we suppose Lionsgate and the team behind Dredd have been waiting for the bigger guns such as Prometheus, The Avengers and a certain Mr Batman to get out of the way in terms of advertising, it is a little puzzling as to why we've seen zero seconds of footage from the film. No teasers, no trailers for trailers and not even a clip. But while that situation hasn't changed, there is at least an official poster online now'

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34226

We're not too far off now though; I think the speculation that these new stills have been taken from the trailer could be correct.

CraveNoir

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 09 June, 2012, 04:50:34 PM
We're not too far off now though; I think the speculation that these new stills have been taken from the trailer could be correct.

That new cityscape sho is the only image from the finished film that's been seen thus far other than the leaked VFX footage a couple of months ago. Everything else has been on set photos -- or video in the case of the Lonewolf Grips footage.

Noisybast

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 June, 2012, 02:30:11 PM
Having long-arms may be the answer.

He is, after all, the law.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Goaty

back after nice day away for my 33th, so do I miss anything?

Also I notice Dredd finally appears on Lionsgate website;

http://www.lionsgate.com/

or was it posted here?

Goaty

So beautiful..... Will have it as Facebook Timeline cover!

HunterZolomon

Whoa, away for a couple of days and this is what happens. All the new stuff looks great!

There's something about that good morning MC1 image that reminds me of Bespin, or something by McQuarrie. It almost looks like high definition concept art.

I also wonder about the small dots in the sky, if those are vehicles or something. One looks like a bird but there are three others.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 June, 2012, 10:30:13 AM
something by McQuarrie. 

That's a very good point, McQuarrie design sense and composition made Star Wars. The more I look at this image of MC1, the more it impresses me, a classy shot, they've shown restraint, not tried to fit in a million things. Beautiful work...we've all seen the buildings they painted this scene into...I'm blown away by how well they did that.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

HunterZolomon

I also found this, sorry if it's already been posted:

Dredd 2012 film - Previsualization clip

HunterZolomon

Quote from: BOODA on 10 June, 2012, 10:47:39 AM
That's a very good point, McQuarrie design sense and composition made Star Wars. The more I look at this image of MC1, the more it impresses me, a classy shot, they've shown restraint, not tried to fit in a million things. Beautiful work...we've all seen the buildings they painted this scene into...I'm blown away by how well they did that.

That's exactly it, I think it's both the restraint and the lighting. It gives it a sense of "realness". I'm curious as to what it really is, a 3d model or a matte image?

Michaelvk

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 June, 2012, 10:52:05 AM

So THAT'S where the budget went?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

HunterZolomon

Quote from: Michaelvk on 10 June, 2012, 11:53:35 AM
Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 June, 2012, 10:52:05 AM

So THAT'S where the budget went?

:D

Don't underestimate the power of pre-visualization though. It seems a lot of film makers use it today, a simple and cheap way to perfect complex scenes before production. If I'm not mistaken, Peter Jackson uses it extensively.

Teivion

I thought it was concept art too.
I think partly because the lighting to the shot is very McQuarrie like, as is the low composition angle.

Still, thats what makes it so great ;-)

Quick find:

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Teivion on 10 June, 2012, 03:17:19 PM
I thought it was concept art too.
I think partly because the lighting to the shot is very McQuarrie like, as is the low composition angle.

Still, thats what makes it so great ;-)

Quick find:

Nice find. Seems Chewie etc are doing exactly as the sign above their heads says - 'Pause'  ;)
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: BOODA on 10 June, 2012, 03:23:10 PM
Nice find. Seems Chewie etc are doing exactly as the sign above their heads says - 'Pause'  ;)

Bwahhahahahhahaaaa!