Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diminished Responsibility

The guy in orange is definitely an extra, look at the cut on the jacket, rough as hell, definitely a prop.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

Steve Green

Quote from: Beeks on 15 June, 2012, 12:29:39 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 15 June, 2012, 12:25:44 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 15 June, 2012, 12:21:38 PM
Quote from: Beeks on 15 June, 2012, 12:20:13 PM
If you look at the direction of the camera..the only people in shot are Dredd, Anderson and the perp

Well right, and it looks like they standby, and about to filming or line up?

Quite, it could be rehearsal, it could be prior to a take...

Or not..as the case may be

I'm not saying they are crew..I'm not saying they are extras

What I am saying is it's likely that there are crew behind the shot

The lady with the pinafore is obviously cast..you cannot vouch for the rest unless you were part of the production team

No, I don't know for certain, but I would say they are all extras apart from the three main actors and the camera op.

radiator

I'd say they're extras - sorry, 'supporting artists'.

The film is clearly set in an unspecified 'near future' - obviously civvies arent going to be decked out in knee pads and McMahon visors.

Michaelvk

It's most likely a shot taken in the tedious moments between takes..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

brendan1

Quote from: Steve Green on 15 June, 2012, 10:41:29 AM
Quote from: Banners on 15 June, 2012, 09:30:49 AM
The pics are great. That said, assuming those chaps in the background are Extras, I gotta say that I think the outfits we had for Minty were much better.

It's all about context, if you've got the weirdness of the comic elsewhere it gives you a free rein.

I wouldn't expect the extras to be all kneepads and helmets and goths, but I think they could have pushed it a bit further rather than the extras looking no different to crew, just so that someone with that helmet sits better.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, and what about that bloke operating that GIANT FUCKING CAMERA?

dracula1

More movement on Dredd at last. And as stated in the thread miles back ... What's wrong with using your work in progress stuff as promo material. It costs nowt to do this and Minty has shown it shows confidence in your product.  Fantastic pictures, more please!  :-)

Steve Green

Quote from: brendan1 on 15 June, 2012, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 15 June, 2012, 10:41:29 AM
Quote from: Banners on 15 June, 2012, 09:30:49 AM
The pics are great. That said, assuming those chaps in the background are Extras, I gotta say that I think the outfits we had for Minty were much better.

It's all about context, if you've got the weirdness of the comic elsewhere it gives you a free rein.

I wouldn't expect the extras to be all kneepads and helmets and goths, but I think they could have pushed it a bit further rather than the extras looking no different to crew, just so that someone with that helmet sits better.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, and what about that bloke operating that GIANT FUCKING CAMERA?

Yes, that camera could definitely have done with kneepads.

darnmarr

Dredd and Anderson look fabbo, but I have to confess I'm a little underwhelmed by this Mega-City mufti; it makes even the toned-down practical version of Dredd's 'garb of Justice' seem kinda eccentric to me in comparison.

This opinion is informed by nothing more than few on-set pictures mind you.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

MR. ELIMINATOR

Those pics look ace!

darnmarr

Quote from: Michaelvk on 15 June, 2012, 01:39:04 PM
context, people..
Well we can only talk about what we know, and we don't know very much.
Just reassure me that it's not gonna look like 'Soylent Green' and I'll be fine ;)

Michaelvk

Are you kidding? We watched that as a reference!

darnmarr

Diminished Responsibility

Deckard Cain

Doesn't look too sci-fi there, and Blade Runner is regarded as one of the best visualizations of near future America.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

Michaelvk