Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlurbaninternational

@Diminished Responsibility and darnmarr: *crying tears* *smirk* that was good. (pictures with text)

JOE SOAP

These must be the rather spiffy little 3D surveillance camera rigs Dod Mantle had constructed for the shoot to get closer to the actors and the action..

Is that a battery/server on your back or a proton accelerator?

Look at how close they're getting. You won't see something like this on a Nolan film-set:

Other 3D films have generally gone the route of a more classical style of shooting everything in a very controlled manner but this should look different. No one's done this kind of stuff before in 3D.

The Adventurer

Hand-Cam 3D?  That's either going to amazing, or the most nausea inducing thing ever.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dreddzilla

Quote from: The Adventurer on 15 June, 2012, 09:10:12 PM
Hand-Cam 3D?  That's either going to amazing, or the most nausea inducing thing ever.
Can't it be both?  :lol:

Michaelvk

That's the SI2K rig, from what I remember.. All the stuff that wasn't necessary on the camera was put on the backpack, which gave it the ghostbuster nickname.. The theme tune apparently got played over the radios every now and again..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

karlurbaninternational

God, this film is going to "look" so good. The angles, the colors, the sound, Karl, everyone, the costumes, the details, the background, the bgm. A future ear- and eyegasm. *I know the story will rock* *slowly pacing my survival backpack for disappearing at 7th sep until 15.nov*

Diminished Responsibility

I was wondering about the ammo clips on the belt, there's one obviously fatter than the others. i take it the narrow magazines load into the grip and are standard/rapid fire rounds and the fat one loads into the front for HE/IR. Would that be correct? (apologies if this has been raised elsewhere, didn't see it).

"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

JOE SOAP

They all look the same size to me, one of the pouches has two rivets that make it look bigger but not the clip.

SKD

Karl Urban & Olivia Thirlby really do look the part. As for the 'extras', given what we've seen of the city and vehicles, did people expect the cits to look like something from the Jetsons? ;)

Roll on September.

Stew.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Michaelvk on 15 June, 2012, 09:13:50 PM
That's the SI2K rig, from what I remember.. All the stuff that wasn't necessary on the camera was put on the backpack, which gave it the ghostbuster nickname.. The theme tune apparently got played over the radios every now and again..

Paradise FX advised Dod Mantle not to shoot a film on them, he said phuck 'em. He explains in this interview the difference between his 3D work on Dredd and Cameron on Avatar:

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/mgoldman/video/podcast_the_adventures_of_anthony_dod_mantle_part_2/

Waltev

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 15 June, 2012, 09:29:53 PM
I was wondering about the ammo clips on the belt, there's one obviously fatter than the others. i take it the narrow magazines load into the grip and are standard/rapid fire rounds and the fat one loads into the front for HE/IR. Would that be correct? (apologies if this has been raised elsewhere, didn't see it).

Comparing to the "real" world those seem to be your basic 17-round Glock clips.
The viewing holes in the mags to assess amount of ammo left pretty much give away the game... taking into account the basic Glock17 look of the Lawgiver's grip. Of course we can't have that 'cause the MarkII Lawgiver mag is supposed to hold a bit more Standard Execution ammo than 17 puny 9mm rounds... right? :)

Just the viewing angle, I suppose.

I reckon mr. MichaelVK, if anyone, could enlighten us as to the fact whether the "front chamber" dispensing the variable ammo gets reloaded (and if so, how cool does that look) during the movie :)

QuoteThey all look the same size to me, one of the pouches has two rivets that make it look bigger but not the clip.

Yeah, looking at the clip itself, you're right, its the same size as the others. The pouch looks wider though, not just from the inclusion of the rivets, but the width of the leather, curious. Its as if it was designed to fit something else.

I think this slow drip of info is driving me mad, who's got the chill pills?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 15 June, 2012, 10:26:22 PM
The pouch looks wider though, not just from the inclusion of the rivets, but the width of the leather, curious.

Na, cover up the rivets and it looks the same as the others.

dweezil2

Quote from: SKD on 15 June, 2012, 09:41:22 PM
Karl Urban & Olivia Thirlby really do look the part. As for the 'extras', given what we've seen of the city and vehicles, did people expect the cits to look like something from the Jetsons? ;)

Roll on September.

Stew.

Also self drying jackets and Nike self tying trainers might work when used for humorous effect in Back To The Future, but not so in a gritty action film like Dredd.
And nothing dates a film more than a failed attempt at projected fashion design.
The retro futurisic look works fine for me.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

QuoteNa, cover up the rivets and it looks the same as the others.

Nah, the second one is definitely wider. But you're right about the round ;)