Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 17 June, 2012, 09:50:07 PM
Jesus Christ. I was being facetious.

Most of The Book of Genesis should be read in a sarcastic tone of voice. Look on Roger's work, ye mighty, and despair.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

radiator

Rebellion have already confirmed that there won't be a Dredd tie-in game for the film.

As for a AAA FPS or MMO - with the best will in the world, those games cost so much money to develop and are so high-risk, Dredd isn't nearly a big enough draw to warrant it.

I think the best bet for future 2000ad games will be smaller scale - XBLA/PSN or iOS/Android, like Dredd vs Zombies.

There's a Dredd game coming soon for iOS, that game book one, but it's nothing to do with the movie.

chuffsteruk

Michaelvk

And who said bacon's bad for you?

Does anyone remember that Blade Runner game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(1997_video_game)

How would a format like that work for a Dredd game?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

The Adventurer

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 June, 2012, 10:22:39 PM
And who said bacon's bad for you?

Does anyone remember that Blade Runner game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(1997_video_game)

How would a format like that work for a Dredd game?

A Judge Dredd adventure game? As awesome as that sounds (to me) I don't think its the Dredd game most people want.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Michaelvk

It'd be a bit of a waste to create a first/third person shooter in the rich Dredd world. You'd rush through 20-odd levels too quickly, and end up missing the point. A red dead redemption style affaire would suit it nicely.

Bubba Zebill

Whoever you are eagle eyed typo spotter, rejoice - I pointed it out to them & now you have made a tiny nano sized contribution to the success of DREDD...'eexecutioner' is now 'executioner' in the synopsis section of the Dredd website.

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

chuffsteruk

How about something using the GTA model?Main story,room for lots of characters and lots of side missions?

Michaelvk

Red Dredd redemption..

SmallBlueThing

I literally have no idea what anyone is talking about now. MMOs? Side missions? GTA? I feel so old- cant we have dredd movie pong, with a picture of dredd's head on one side, ma-ma on the other, batting a little ball back and forth? Or mega-city frogger? Cursed earth dig dug?

SBT

chuffsteruk

Anyone fancy a pint? :D

Michaelvk

I could murder one right now..

James Stacey

Was there an incursion I missed or something? The last few pages of comments appear a bit disjointed. On the off topic on topic, if there was a Dredd game 1/2 as good as Red Dead I'd be a happy man indeed. One of the best games in a long time.

JUDGE BURNS

I'm having an ice cold Magners right now , which the kids gave me for fathers day.... :D