Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syne

Urban's Dreddvoice is pretty close to what I hear in my head when I read the strip (albeit younger than the current Dredd). Flat, not heavily accented, and gritty without overdoing the bass or the gravel. Perfect.

And the helmet fits just right :)

Syne

Idle thought: I wonder if NZ media will try to lay claim to Dredd's character in the same way they've staked out Middle Earth?

Probably not. Bugger :D

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Goaty

Well I create this teaser....

Dash Decent

Now Lionsgate have upped the ante, maybe the Minty boys will be drawn to go head to head and release their own trailer.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

Not as far as I'm concerned.

It's not a competition.

Banners

The Facebook movie page seems to require you to be a member of Facebook now, or is that just happening here?

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 June, 2012, 01:33:00 PM
Now Lionsgate have upped the ante, maybe the Minty boys will be drawn to go head to head and release their own trailer.

Would be a lovely gesture if it was attached to the general release of`Dredd`.

Molch-R

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 20 June, 2012, 04:02:22 PM

I understand, and Steve can correct me, that Minty would need to be finished first.

Goaty

Quote from: Molch-R on 20 June, 2012, 04:08:06 PM

I understand, and Steve can correct me, that Minty would need to be finished first.

At least it could get great boost from Dredd as there is Minty on the wall there.

Steve Green

Quote from: Molch-R on 20 June, 2012, 04:08:06 PM

It would definitely help.

JOE SOAP

It would be a rather strange gesture to have one interpretation of Dredd play before another. If it was an ABC Warriors short or something else form the 2000AD stable it would be fine but two Dredds would be visually confusing to a new audience.

JOE SOAP

Definitely throw 'em both on the same DVD though. Best of both worlds.

Steve Green

Yeah, it definitely wouldn't work - you might as well stick the Stallone trailer before it... too different.

I don't know what the precedent is for putting fan stuff on DVDs, can't think of that many offhand, but Dredd is a lot more independent than the rest.

JOE SOAP

I wouldn't rule it out Steve. Maybe yis'll get an interview considering there's some early pre-production connections there- if it's acknowledged