Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Re-ran an ep of the excellent Bored to Death last night and was surprised to see Olivia Thirlby who I thought I hadn't seen before anywhere.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Steve Green

More details on the Dredd Panel at London Film and Comic Con at Olympia on the 7th/8th July.

It's on both Sat and Sun at 5pm.

"DREDD panel with writer Alex Garland, Producers Andrew MacDonald and Allon Reich, Artist Jock and Judge Dredd, himself, KARL URBAN"

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76711

JOE SOAP

Who's going to be the naughty squaxx to ask the question about Pete Travis?

dracula1

Wow! ... Negotiations are over.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Awesome, do you think they will reveal anything new? Or just say same stuff that people who have been following the film for ages will already know.

Goaty

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 03 July, 2012, 05:27:04 PM
Awesome, do you think they will reveal anything new? Or just say same stuff that people who have been following the film for ages will already know.

Possible few new clips?

Beeks

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 July, 2012, 05:12:56 PM

Well it not only begs the question...it pleads
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

MR. ELIMINATOR

I hope someone films it and puts it on youtube.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 July, 2012, 05:12:56 PM

See, this is why I don't like the fact he is the director, as some people will think it is his film, as in credits to most films, the director would get something like "lionsgate presents, a peter travis film"  but this clearly isn't his film at all.

And also, I don't think his films are very good.

Steve Green

Even if someone does, they're hardly likely to elaborate on the agreed statement...

doggettX

Quote from: Light Surfer on 30 June, 2012, 09:36:10 PM
Thought I'd have a little look around the internet to see what others were saying about the new film coming - crikey wish I'd never bothered. It made for some depressing reading.

Not everyone.
Some have seen it 'leeked' and called it a GOOD MOVIE.

And who can argue with that.

Bubba Zebill

Nothing quickens the ticker like the sudden thought that Dredd might show at Karlovy Vary Festival...checked, not so...guess I can put down the car keys.  :(
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Stan

I notice Total Recall is on tonight. You can bet Stallone Dredd will be on next month too.

And yeah, someone drop the Travis-bomb.

Martin Jameson

Quote from: doggettX on 03 July, 2012, 06:05:45 PM

Not everyone.
Some have seen it 'leeked' and called it a GOOD MOVIE.

And who can argue with that.

Good, I stopped looking. So many people seemed so dismissive of something not even out yet. Was the Stallone version THAT popular? I felt like joining some forums just to put the record straight, but what the hell.....
And just how many people have seen The Raid? Must be one of the box office hits of the year.
Hopefully people won't be put off by others claiming this a cheap remake of a camp 90's Stallone romp. I reckon once reviews start coming out things will change. The trailer has gone down, on the whole, pretty well.

In other news....Prog 1789....letters page....Tharg.....vinegar stroke?

Steve Green

Unless they all snuck into the cinema, they didn't add much to the box office.

Maybe it's just become a cult thing with vocal fans.