Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

That Javier fellas a bit 'Widow Licker' torso-wise. Have a look at the video by Aphex Twin directed by Chris Cunningham, he could direct a nasty Death. Good horror chops.

HunterZolomon

For a Dredd viral I'd like to see something from the perspective of the Hall of Justice. A huge screen or loads of small ones reporting crimes across the city with judgments carried out in real time. Would be a great way to show the scope of what the judges have to deal with. With maybe a bit of user interaction "reporting" crimes spotted on the screens.

CraveNoir

On UK tv 5USA's Inside Hollywood show at 6.55pm will have Karl Urban talking about DREDD.

Don't know if it's footage from the weekend's panel or one of the press interviews he gave while over here.

Goaty

Quote from: CraveNoir on 10 July, 2012, 12:47:46 PM
On UK tv 5USA's Inside Hollywood show at 6.55pm will have Karl Urban talking about DREDD.

Don't know if it's footage from the weekend's panel or one of the press interviews he gave while over here.

Nice, you can watch it on Demand on this link anytime after 6.55pm for next 7 days.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/inside-hollywood

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 July, 2012, 12:21:53 PM
For a Dredd viral I'd like to see something from the perspective of the Hall of Justice. A huge screen or loads of small ones reporting crimes across the city with judgments carried out in real time. Would be a great way to show the scope of what the judges have to deal with. With maybe a bit of user interaction "reporting" crimes spotted on the screens.
That's a good way to get the scope of the crime problem across and sum up why such a cop is needed.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: judgefett on 10 July, 2012, 12:13:46 PM
That Javier fellas a bit 'Widow Licker' torso-wise. Have a look at the video by Aphex Twin directed by Chris Cunningham, he could direct a nasty Death. Good horror chops.

I would say that if Pete Travis could not come back for a possible sequel Chris Cunningham would be a good choice. He's had a lot of experience of sci-fi movie making in some capacity, from Hardware to the Alien franchise, as well as being a former Judge Dredd artist. He's well over due for breaking into feature films as a director.

BTW if they had to do Death one day with a mix of practical and digital I'd say Javier Botet is a good choice. I would imagine they'd give him the James Earl Jones treatment voice wise. I believe he has a very strong Spanish accent.

radiator

Cunningham is a style-heavy director and would probably want to do his own thing with it, though - not really a good thing when an aesthetic has already been established.

Steve Green

Regarding the likes of Javier - I always imagined that a Death would be more of a mime even if it was a practical actor - with primarily a voiceover, so it would all be in the body language, so much would be covered facially either by the helmet or prosthetics.

Beeks

Cunningham is a talent

That 'Come To Daddy' Aphex video is great

Also the 'Rabbit In The Headlights' Radiohead vid

Also remember that drum & bass vid with the dog swapping brains with the Japanese hospital porter

Genius

Had no idea he had a connection to the Galaxies Greatest!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Goaty

Steve Green

Quote from: Beeks on 10 July, 2012, 02:28:07 PM
Cunningham is a talent

That 'Come To Daddy' Aphex video is great

Also the 'Rabbit In The Headlights' Radiohead vid

Also remember that drum & bass vid with the dog swapping brains with the Japanese hospital porter

Genius

Had no idea he had a connection to the Galaxies Greatest!

Yeah, apart from that one episode he drew of Judgement Day, I've not seen any other strips that he drew...

M.I.K.

He did a few covers and, if I remember correctly, a few pages for Son of Mean Machine, which weren't used when the story was first printed, but were included in a special or annual or somethingorother.

M.I.K.

...and he was responsible for Mean and Hammerstein in that film.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Steve Green on 10 July, 2012, 02:09:15 PM
Regarding the likes of Javier - I always imagined that a Death would be more of a mime even if it was a practical actor - with primarily a voiceover, so it would all be in the body language, so much would be covered facially either by the helmet or prosthetics.

When you posted Javier, I thought of this clip and the actor who was the body of the original Alien.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKi41a1rJI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Steve Green

Quote from: M.I.K. on 10 July, 2012, 03:25:02 PM
He did a few covers and, if I remember correctly, a few pages for Son of Mean Machine, which weren't used when the story was first printed, but were included in a special or annual or somethingorother.

I forgot about the Son of Mean pages...