Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuffsteruk

I've got some noisy bastards in the flat above me that need judging in the same manner... :lol:

chuffsteruk

Oh and page 400!Well done Goaty!!!!!

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Goaty on 13 July, 2012, 11:07:41 AM

spread the drokk love!

Hey Baby, That's what I do..
  :cool:

James

So the fella in the clip who gets the out of frame blood splat, he's the Stallone looking guy from the trailer. Do you think the close up of Dredd with his reflection in the visor just before he gets it is intentional? A great way to say farewell to Stallone's version.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: James on 13 July, 2012, 11:21:26 AM
So the fella in the clip who gets the out of frame blood splat, he's the Stallone looking guy from the trailer. Do you think the close up of Dredd with his reflection in the visor just before he gets it is intentional? A great way to say farewell to Stallone's version.
I mentioned this when the trailer 1st hit...but I can't find Stallone in that track suit...can anyone help?...my film-buff memory fails me - but I was sure I'd seen that tracksuit on him in a film...and yes, I think that's exactly why they are dispatching with him this way.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bubba Zebill

...I'm only turning up similar tracksuit images for 'Sue Sylvester'...from a show called Glee...I thought maybe from a Rocky film...maybe Death Race?? :eh:

Steve Green

I believe that Stallone thing is coincidence, (I think it was CF) asked Alex Garland about it, and he said it wasn't intentional.

Stan

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 July, 2012, 10:56:59 AM
I'd probably skip 1 and possibly 2 of the case files to start with, the retro feel may put them off. 2 would need to be read before Origins though.

I've been handing out a few Origins and the one person who read exclaimed...

This Judge Dredd stuff isn't halfway bad... :/
Couldn't put it down in the end. Now I want to know more... moar I say! >:[

I think it's a good book to take advantage of in this respect because Dredd hasn't gone through a zillion reboots or whatever, unlike other comic characters.

And funnily enough I just bought my second Case Files in as many days. I might pass them some of my Titans if I'm feeling uber-generous.

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 13 July, 2012, 11:12:49 AM
I've got some noisy bastards in the flat above me that need judging in the same manner... :lol:

Same with the 'slo-mo heads' downstairs. I need Michael to build me a weapon before I suffocate with all the smoke.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 July, 2012, 11:38:10 AM

I believe that Stallone thing is coincidence, (I think it was CF) asked Alex Garland about it, and he said it wasn't intentional.

That puts that to rest then...so very bullet in cheek.

TordelBack

Douglas Wolk suggests Casefiles 5 for noobs, and while it's not my favourite (that'd be 7), I'm inclined to agree with him.  It's far enough back to feel like deep history without being archaic in the way much of Casefiles 1 and 2 can be, and it's critical for everything that happens subsequently - it also has several longer stories, all of them good, rather than squntillions of variable-quality shorts, which may be an easier transition for the uninitiated.  Follow that up with America and maybe The Pit I think your average reader will know whether they want 'in' or not. 

Goaty

CraveNoir

That EW Olivia Thirlby Interview from yesterday can be seen here:

http://oliviathirlbyfan.com/archives/285

dracula1

:o Just clocked this new clip! bloody ell' (excuse the pun)...amazing! A cinema first in these type of visual effects?

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Keef Monkey

I generally recommend America to people who want to dip in, but I know it's not really a typical Dredd story so not very representative, it does sum up the world pretty well though.

I'm actually inclined to say Total War, my girlfriend leafed through a prog when that was running and ended up gripped by it throughout, and that was with no previous Dredd experience. It's a great story, and I don't recall it being too heavy on required previous knowledge?