Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

your overthinking it..hollywood does not like people thinking!

Goaty

Yeah but it's British / South African production. :)

Is it?

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 July, 2012, 10:24:30 PM
Quote from: Emp on 13 July, 2012, 10:05:51 PM
Its not even out and I have found a negative review...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJjTsB8epI...was most impressed withthe mention of Judge Whitey ::)

He needs to leave the house more.

Saw These Reviews a couple weeks ago. And yes he Does sound 'Twattish'

CraveNoir

Its not even out and I have found a negative review...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJjTsB8epI...was most impressed withthe mention of Judge Whitey ::)

I couldn't make it half way through.
If you don't know what you're talking about maybe your opinion isn't worth sharing.
This is why fans' opinions are not to be trusted...

Except mine. I'm always right about every aspect of everything.

These were handed out at comic-con, and are popping up on US ebay. Sellers say they're full-size at 3"x2", though I think the film badge is more like four and a quarter by just over three inches.

Emp

Quote from: James Stacey on 13 July, 2012, 10:35:14 PM
No. Just because you can perceive things faster doesn't mean that your able to move muscles faster. It doesn't alter physics just the mind.

which is going to watch that bullet sail at your face even more frightening.

SmallBlueThing

Last week i spent two days off my face on diazepam and tramadol, which had a similar effect on me as 'slow-mo' does in the dredd movie. I did not find myself able to react faster than usual, and instead spent a lot of time sitting down and staring into the middle-distance, and dribbling.

However, like adrian, everytime i think about this- especially after seeing the clip- it refuses to make sense, no matter how many times it's explained.

SBT

Goaty

SBT - it's fiction film... it for you to enjoyment at cinema?

dracula1

Nice merchandise from the film Mr Noir.  What are the orange dots?  ... slow no pills?   :-*

Goaty

Quote from: dracula1 on 13 July, 2012, 10:48:56 PM
Nice merchandise from the film Mr Noir.  What are the orange dots?  ... slow no pills?   :-*

I think they are pins to the Dredd badge. it's one single sheet not two.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: CraveNoir on 13 July, 2012, 10:38:16 PM

I couldn't make it half way through.
If you don't know what you're talking about maybe your opinion isn't worth sharing.
This is why fans' opinions are not to be trusted...

Except mine. I'm always right about every aspect of everything.

These were handed out at comic-con, and are popping up on US ebay. Sellers say they're full-size at 3"x2", though I think the film badge is more like four and a quarter by just over three inches.

I think CF will be chomping at the bit to get his hands on those. They look really nice to me.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

blackmocco

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 13 July, 2012, 10:31:49 PM
I'm not sure the whole implication of you brain perceiving everything at 1/100th the normal speed... Presumably, rather than being slow to respond, they will see Dredd entering the room in slow motion and be able to respond 100 times faster than normal.

That means in such gunfights we have to believe Dredd is over 100 times faster than anyone else, or it provides a scenario where Dredd has to find creative ways to out-gun them (which would be preferable as a movie concept).

I don't know where the confusion is. Pop a handful of Vicodin and see how fast you'd respond to an A-list riot cop bursting into your bedroom unannounced.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 13 July, 2012, 10:41:11 PM
i think about this- especially after seeing the clip- it refuses to make sense, no matter how many times it's explained.

Its proper paradoxical.

CraveNoir

The badge is there to keep the orange dots in place.

Karl Urban Doesn't 'Give A Damn' About Stallone's Thoughts On 'Dredd' who the fuck does!?
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/07/13/karl-urban-doesnt-give-a-damn-about-stallones-thoughts-on-dredd/

The video's not viewable outside the US... in theory.

Stan

Quote from: blackmocco on 13 July, 2012, 10:10:04 PM
It's a bit weird having been the only one here who's seen the fucking thing. haha!

No spoilers, I promise but it's safe to say the Slo-Mo stuff is used quite sparingly and as a result, when it kicks in it's extremely effective. This isn't some Zack Snyder Watchmen fucking asshole bullshit where the movie would be half the length if it all ran at normal speed. It's always from the perspective of someone who's just taken the drug and as you can imagine, if they're showing us it means Dredd usually ain't too far away.

They've really gone to town with marketing the whole slow-motion footage so it's easy for people to think this is going to be the whole spine of the movie but rest easy. They know what they're doing.

Thanks. That's the one thing that concerned me a bit. I'm sure it works great in small doses but the best part of the clip is where things speed up and he lets loose with the Lawgiver.

Steve Green

Wonder why they persist with this regional lockout - I can understand it for premium content, but for EPK type stuff, and something that is easily circumvented it's a bit weird.