Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

io9.com have named Dredd as one of the big winners of SDCC2012
You may quote me on that.

Goaty

Quote from: pops1983 on 16 July, 2012, 09:42:55 PM
io9.com have named Dredd as one of the big winners of SDCC2012

Nice...

They screened the entire movie at SDCC, and reaped the rewards. People were going nuts for the ultra-violence and surprising cleverness in this dystopian cop movie, not to mention Lena Headey's psychotic turn as the villain Ma-Ma. And the fact that Karl Urban successfully pranked everybody with his "new Star Trek footage" trick, paradoxically, helped too. This film was on people's minds a lot — and actually lived up to the hype.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 16 July, 2012, 09:49:13 PM... and actually lived up to the hype.[/b]

There was hype?

;)

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Danbo

Not bad,even my Marvel XMEN buddy from work whos has never read 2000AD  is fed up with IronMan/Thor etc and wants to tag along for some justice....
Folk are fed up with spandex whingers moaning about their girlfriends/parents.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Danbo

Whose.....just woke up
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Goaty

Total Film's Highlights of Comic Con, Dredd is one of those;

Dredd

Based on the reaction we got online, Dredd was among the most exciting things we saw at Comic-Con. Perhaps it was because there was a special screening - of the entire film that is, not just a sizzle reel - but it went down a storm.

There was a collective sigh of relief breathed in the auditorium, as we discovered that Dredd was faithful to its gritty, grubby comic-book roots. And, yes, Karl Urban's mug is obscured by a sleek helmet throughout.

The levels of grue being blasted out of the screen in (surprisingly welcome 3D) paint this as a distinctly family 'unfriendly' affair. Robbed of his eyes, Urban snarls in a throaty, Dredd-appropriate drawl, sharing zero DNA with Sly Stallone's interpretation of the character.

The single location set-up (a siege on a drug-addled tower block) made for a leaner comic-book movie than your average, and Olivia Thirlby impressed with a decent arc from newbie to tough cookie during the course of one very bad day.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/comic-con-2012-round-up-the-highlights/dredd

hoops

Saw the trailer at the cinema yesterday, it's going to be awesome...although the bikes still look really wrong to me...

Mudcrab

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 17 July, 2012, 05:04:13 AM
Whose.....just woke up

who's (who has)

Sorry, would have ignored it if it wasn't a correction itself  ;)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: hoops on 17 July, 2012, 01:26:26 PM
Saw the trailer at the cinema yesterday, it's going to be awesome...although the bikes still look really wrong to me...

WHAT film was it played before you tease.

COMMANDO FORCES

Someone mentioned Spiderman the other day.

Goaty

Yep, Hoops post in Spider-Man Reboot thread in Movie Threads about saw it yesterday.

The Sherman Kid

Thats very high profile, bit surprised, excellent news.

karlurbaninternational

@blackmocco: Finally had time and I went back reading your report from sdcc ~p392+. thank you for sharing your experience and everything went well. Thank you.

Stan

Comic Con 2012: No Guts, No Gory for Dredd
http://poptimal.com/2012/07/comic-con-2012-no-guts-no-gory-for-dredd/#.UAVteJFdC1c

It's the first narrative feature film to use the Phantom Flex, a camera capable of shooting HD video at 2,500 frames per second, meaning that when someone gets shot in the face, they really get shot in the face. Like, for an hour. All in 3D. The violence in Dredd may shock, but it comes part and parcel of the character and the world.