Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: Ghastly McNasty on 23 July, 2012, 04:28:38 PM
This might have been answered some where else in the thread - but is there a sexy 2000AD logo in the trailer or at the start of the movie? (for the selected few who have seen it)

Like what Marvel and DC do in there films/trailers.

it's same trailer as out on internet, and why 'sexy'?

James

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 July, 2012, 12:01:41 AM
No Dredd trailer at the TDKR I saw tonight, pity.Still lots of selfish twats checking the time/their messages or whatever on their mobiles throughout the film ,unbelievable.

The girl sitting next to me kept doing this, eventually I tapped her arm and whispered "give it a rest!".

I got my revenge later by dropping a nasty popcorn fart, I could see her and her boyfriend hitching up their t-shirts to cover their noses.

That'll learn them.

Ghastly McNasty

Just checked the trailer, no logo on there.  :(

Do you not recall the first time you saw a recent Marvel film and it did that page flicky thing?  Sexy.

Danbo

Quote from: James on 23 July, 2012, 04:53:09 PM
No Dredd trailer at the TDKR I saw tonight, pity.Still lots of selfish twats checking the time/their messages or whatever on their mobiles throughout the film ,unbelievable.

The girl sitting next to me kept doing this, eventually I tapped her arm and whispered "give it a rest!".

I got my revenge later by dropping a nasty popcorn fart, I could see her and her boyfriend hitching up their t-shirts to cover their noses.

That'll learn them.
:lol:  like your style.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: James on 23 July, 2012, 04:53:09 PM

That'll learn them.

HAHAH....you mean - 'I cut my revenge later...'
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

TordelBack

Revenge is a carton best served buttered.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm gonna pop down the pictures tomorrow and see what film they are showing the trailer with and then I'll sort myself a ticket out for a day showing in the week.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 July, 2012, 07:57:31 PM
I'm gonna pop down the pictures tomorrow and see what film they are showing the trailer with and then I'll sort myself a ticket out for a day showing in the week.

Or you could've bought an old 35mm projector and this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DREDD-35mm-Movie-FILM-CELLS-Trailer-Preview-JUDGE-KARL-URBAN-LENA-HEADEY-2012-F1-/251110523867?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a775a83db

Goaty

SmallBlueThing

Or, cf, for the proper maidstone cinema experience (at least circa whenever it was blair witch 2 came out) you could simply sit in a room by yourself watching a shit, small, screen, then invite a dodgy tramplike man to sit uncomfortably near you while wanking, and to cap it all when it was over (film, not wank), you could employ your wife to pretend to be the cinema staff accosting you with accusations of not having paid for your tickets ("yes, i can see you have tickets, but you didnt pay for them did you!!?")

Id wait for tv if i were you. ;-)

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

If only my cinema experiences were that good :'(

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 July, 2012, 07:57:31 PM

How will you do that -or am I the one living in an alternate reality where cinema staff know precisely nothing.

They actually know which trailers are showing with which film in your neck of the woods?

A.Cow

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 July, 2012, 09:45:14 PM
Or, cf, for the proper maidstone cinema experience [...] watching a shit, small, screen, then invite a dodgy tramplike man to sit uncomfortably near you while wanking, and to cap it all [...] cinema staff accosting you with accusations of not having paid for your tickets

Sounds suspicously like the Bromley Empire (formerly Canon ABC if I remember correctly) which I made the mistake of visiting to see Harry Potter 5.   The cinema stank of piss, seats were broken and the only other occupants were a coven of teenaged girls who kept giggling during all the serious bits.  Never in my life have a yearned for the commercial heartlessness of multiplex chains.

Mind you, there are a few excellent old-fashioned cinemas around, like the Plaza in Crosby north of Liverpool.  Cheap sweets for the kids and staffed by volunteers.  Lovely atmosphere.

Mardroid

Quote from: A.Cow on 24 July, 2012, 12:16:08 AM
Sounds suspicously like the Bromley Empire (formerly Canon ABC if I remember correctly) which I made the mistake of visiting to see Harry Potter 5.   

That's my local!

Yet to see any fiddling old men although there are sometimes buskers in the shopping area down the road. (Violin, fiddle, get it? Sorry.)

It can be a bit of a dump. The last time I went there was to see The Avengers. Me and my mate had the screen to ourselves, that day.

I went to Beckenham to see Prometheus. The guys there appeared to have the 3D settings wrong at the start so there was a weird doubling thing going on. Thankfully it was sorted out shortly after [spoiler]the pale alien chap swallowed a rather lethal cocktail. I never did quite find out why he did that.[/spoiler]

Stan

Quote from: Mardroid on 24 July, 2012, 12:45:27 AMI went to Beckenham to see Prometheus. The guys there appeared to have the 3D settings wrong at the start so there was a weird doubling thing going on. Thankfully it was sorted out shortly after [spoiler]the pale alien chap swallowed a rather lethal cocktail. I never did quite find out why he did that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think that was to seed the planet with his DNA.[/spoiler]