Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Advertising? What about 'zip' ads where you get about 10 seconds worth of spiel on TV or mobile phone? Cheaper than a full 30 second advert on TV that's for sure.

Can you sell the gist of the DREDD Movie in 10 seconds? Ah that is the question.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 08 August, 2012, 04:40:15 AM
Will there be another trailer before the film opens do you think ?

The BBFC has two film trailers listed on its site. The second one was classified almost a month ago and clocks in at 2 mins 22 secs, a second shorter than the trailer released in June. No confirmation yet of the film itself's certificate.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

vzzbux

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 08 August, 2012, 11:30:12 AM
Advertising? What about 'zip' ads where you get about 10 seconds worth of spiel on TV or mobile phone? Cheaper than a full 30 second advert on TV that's for sure.

Can you sell the gist of the DREDD Movie in 10 seconds? Ah that is the question.
What and risk this happening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxsvbbAIo4

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Stan

Quote from: Goaty on 08 August, 2012, 10:37:15 AM
Hopefully it dont overkill with too many TV clips or trailers like The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus and Spider-man.

I don't watch much TV and didn't see trailers for either film.

On radio though, The Raid was all over the place, to the point of being annoying.

Goaty

Quote from: Stan on 08 August, 2012, 01:03:32 PM

On radio though, The Raid was all over the place, to the point of being annoying.

Sorry as I am Deaf, so radio really useless to me, but how annoyed was it with the Raid on it?

Stan

Quote from: Goaty on 08 August, 2012, 01:33:07 PM
Quote from: Stan on 08 August, 2012, 01:03:32 PM

Sorry as I am Deaf, so radio really useless to me, but how annoyed was it with the Raid on it?

Well I only listen to Smooth Radio and Absolute 80's but every commercial break seemed to have a trailer for The Raid. Maybe I just like to be contrarian for the sake of it but the constant hype put me right off.

The film itself was decent though, when I eventually got around to it.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 08 August, 2012, 11:59:29 AM

The BBFC has two film trailers listed on its site. The second one was classified almost a month ago and clocks in at 2 mins 22 secs, a second shorter than the trailer released in June. No confirmation yet of the film itself's certificate.

It's the same trailer classified twice for whatever reason or change.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 August, 2012, 02:39:51 PM
Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 08 August, 2012, 11:59:29 AM

It's the same trailer classified twice for whatever reason or change.

According to the BBFC's fee calculator, that one second cost DNA/Lionsgate one hundred and forty-five quid (incl. VAT). That could've gone towards giving Karl a shave and a codpiece.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Stan

This probably doesn't need a spoiler warning for those who've seen the trailer, but be advised..

Total Recall and Dredd With IMDb's Keith Simanton
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/07/total-recall-and-dredd-with-imdbs-keith-simanton/

"Without spoiling too much, there's a shot in the film where a character is thrown from the 200th floor or whatever, and the point of view shot that you get when they land is the face landing in slow-motion on the camera lens."

Stan

On a completely unrelated note, can someone link me to Lena Headey's fanpage? It isn't showing up in Facebook search.

Stan

DKCX

Lena Headey pronounced "He-D".....learned something today and recently divorced on top of it.

A.Cow

Quote from: SneakeeX on 08 August, 2012, 07:39:15 PM
Lena Headey pronounced "He-D".....learned something today and recently divorced on top of it.

She certainly is one hot mama.  (See what I did there?)  :D

JOE SOAP

In Russia, it gets the full title: JUDGE DREDD

Я - ЗAKOH = I Am The Law