V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

James

That was about the time I was finishing my HND in computer based art/design, I remember the Macs being upgraded and the new PS having Layers and everyone being so excited.

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 August, 2012, 03:29:52 AM
The graffiti poster is a US poster. It has the 'JUDGMENT' spelling.

I spoke too soon, Joe. Dropping the kid off for a birthday party this morning and as I'm stuck at the lights I see one at a bus shelter. He's coming!!!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Frank

Quote from: A.Cow on 12 August, 2012, 03:21:20 PM
Quote from: Dirty Sanchez on 12 August, 2012, 01:47:54 PM
Was that by Dermot Power by any chance?

Much as I like Dermot Power -- and he is a very talented fella -- most of his images for the Stallone Dredd movie looked like photos run through a Photoshop "slightly posterised" filter (IMHO, that is)

Despite first encountering his work through computer games magazines and advertising, I can't remember much evidence of The Power Unit using anything more technologically advanced than an airbrush back then.

The publicity images he produced for the Stallone film displayed such obvious brush work, I had always assumed that he was painting over photographs with gouache. I thought the idea was to produce images of the wonky film costume that approximated the textures - if not the actual designs - of the Dredd strip at that time, to win over sceptical readers.

The look of the publicity material Power produced for the Megazine and 2000ad is certainly very different to the brilliant concept art he produced for the film itself:

Stan

Quote from: vzzbux on 12 August, 2012, 04:18:38 PM
Was Photoshop around in 94?

V

This was actually the year I took my first typesetter job so I can answer with a yes. Even though I've already been beaten to it.

And now I feel depressingly old.

nicklarr

Judge Dredds boot! Link to the company which supplied them:

http://www.shoemaking.co.uk/photogallery/photogallery1.html

Stan

LARF

Yep photoshop was around in '94. I was using it in my first design job from Feb '93.

CYCLOPZ

Well whether they were touched up photos or just heavily photo referenced the Dermot Power pics are obvious acrylic paintings and have little to no digital PhotoShop manipulation judging by these examples.

Goaty

Just three weeks to go...

Goaty

OOh now Dredd 3D website been updated, with the latest poster,
http://www.dreddthemovie.com/#/en/home

I notice in Synopsis link, there is new Dredd picture (same of Dredd with Mega-City in background but this one with zoom in with more Judges...)

Stu101

The red square that shows around the head of the 1st Judge to the right of Dredd has the date Sept 21st 2134 show up. Not that this is really going to tie in with the actual film, but interesting none-the-less  :)

Goaty

Quote from: Stu101 on 13 August, 2012, 02:00:26 PM
The red square that shows around the head of the 1st Judge to the right of Dredd has the date Sept 21st 2134 show up. Not that this is really going to tie in with the actual film, but interesting none-the-less  :)

Could be his DOB?

Bat King

Current continuity is 2134. US release date is 27th September. Simples.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex