Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

And also Check SFX on the interweb for the lastest Dredd 3D review, a glowing one at that too! :D

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 25 August, 2012, 09:24:37 PM
I've seen the bods at Bleeding Cool engineer conflicts where there's been none or little before, to the point where those involved intervened.

Yeah it seems to me that too much was read into what looks like an impromptu interview.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 25 August, 2012, 09:12:38 PM
In Goaty's Hi Res pic I'm sure I can see a face and shoulders of someone. It's on the bottom left hand side of the picture on the building with 3 vertical vents or chimneys. There's some purply graffiti above it and the head has a brightish yellow colour surrounding it.

It reminds me of Ezquerra style but who it is I've no idea who it is.

I thought that was what Goaty referred to as Mean Machine....I was looking at it yesterday wondering if I was seeing a dial on that forehead...or just light.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Goaty

As on train back home, I was in London for weekend, but all over Zone 1, there is none posters of Dredd 3D. I got gut feelings that they kept it till tomorrow or end of this week as notice many films posters FOR this week!
But it been amazing everywhere in GB!

Also underground got motion posters, don't think the Dredd motion poster would be good idea? With firing Lawsgiver at you! Haha! Not long till sept 7th!

M.I.K.

Quote from: BOODA on 26 August, 2012, 09:18:10 AM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 25 August, 2012, 09:12:38 PM
In Goaty's Hi Res pic I'm sure I can see a face and shoulders of someone. It's on the bottom left hand side of the picture on the building with 3 vertical vents or chimneys. There's some purply graffiti above it and the head has a brightish yellow colour surrounding it.

It reminds me of Ezquerra style but who it is I've no idea who it is.

I thought that was what Goaty referred to as Mean Machine....I was looking at it yesterday wondering if I was seeing a dial on that forehead...or just light.

I don't think it's Mean Machine. Looks kind of skeletal to me. Not really clear enough to tell.

Zanti Misfit

There's quite a few Dredd billboard posters around North London - Muswell Hill, Kentish Town, High Barnet, but Mrs Misfit & me have so far seen nowt on the Underground or centrally located.

Yesterday we paid a trip Camden Town's 'Megacity Comics'  and there we saw no Dredd posters or tie-ins or promotions, displays, offers, sales, etc. Call me naive, but you'd think with the film less than two weeks away, they'd do something (especially a shop with a name like theirs! :o).

Fair do's to them though, maybe they have something planned for nearer the 7th (and they do have a nice selection of old progs :D).

Taryn Tailz

Dredd 3D is the sponsor for the next WWE pay per view - Night of Champions. Should help with the publicity in the States.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 26 August, 2012, 07:39:30 PM
Dredd 3D is the sponsor for the next WWE pay per view - Night of Champions. Should help with the publicity in the States.

Seems like a strange place to advertise. Yeah a lot of people will see it, but won't most of them be kids?

strontium71

Well. One's a violent make-believe that has actors dressed in costume fighting each other. The other is the Dredd film.
...because I hate you.

Steve Green

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 26 August, 2012, 07:53:23 PM
Quote from: Tim Tailz on 26 August, 2012, 07:39:30 PM

Seems like a strange place to advertise. Yeah a lot of people will see it, but won't most of them be kids?

Kids can still see an R in the States, they just have to be accompanied by an adult.

wadew1

darnmarr

Wow.
Well that's good news I suppose in terms of marketing/target-audience/demographic e.t.c., but still.
Wow.

Taryn Tailz

If anyone wants to see the short (about 10 seconds long) Night of Champions/Dredd 3D promo, then its at 15:25 on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncI6HyYEIn4

dracula1

Not really a short more of a subliminal flash of the Dredd 3d logo and film date.  Clever marketing considering the films small PR budget.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: CraveNoir on 24 August, 2012, 07:50:25 PM
Paul Leonard-Morgan's DREDD 3D score download & CD September 3rd & 10th respectively.

Preview all tracks here:

http://soundcloud.com/metropolis-movie-music/sets/paul-leonard-morgan-dredd/

That soundtrack is fucking badass!