Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: dweezil2 on 31 August, 2012, 11:51:52 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 31 August, 2012, 11:07:00 PM
5 pages already in the spoiler thread and I still haven't looked.

V

Me either! No sir !  ;)

Same here I will enjoy it next week :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Steve Green on 31 August, 2012, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 31 August, 2012, 03:57:37 PM
Unavailable from our location   :(
Try spotflux, that will circumvent it.

Anyone grab it and put it up so the rest of us can watch it in all it's zarjaz glory...?

Glad to hear the special screening went like gangbusters last night, hope y'all aren't suffering too badly from hangovers and nerd overload this morn', good to know that the 2000 A.D. folks went out of their way to hold such an event for fans, this adaptation is in good fantastic hands, let's hope Dredd does well enough to get that potential Origins  sequel that Alex Garland has mentioned recently...

Well, with Dredd's release now imminent, reviews uniformly glowing, and the knowledge that all trace of that 1995 debacle is about to be thoroughly washed away once and for all, the reasons for me joining this forum last year appear to be at an end, so I'll bid y'all a fair and warm adieu, it's been fun, informative, sometimes intense, but ALWAYS interesting, D-Day is now T-minus-7 days and counting, we've waited a long time for this (35 years to be exact), and it's been a long road, but we're finally here, and I sincerely hope everyone enjoys Dredd as much as you've been anticipating it, that it lives up to everyone's expectations, and that it's embraced enough by the audience at large to get a sequel(s), but that remains to be seen...

...see y'all in the funny pages, end transmission, court's adjourned ("I knew you'd say that!").

"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Frank

The IMDB Dredd forum's lone Russian member has come good with Youtubing that region-locked featurette. It contains some absolutely stunning new imagery (esp Lena Headey in the lift) and the live action version of my favourite Dredd image so far; Dredd blasting perps in a stairwell, shrouded in a green miasma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vheaRRNEYUk&feature=youtu.be

Warning, this featurette also contains some brief, mild scenes of Pete Travis, which some viewers may find disturbing. Don't have nightmares.

COMMANDO FORCES

Watching that brings Thursday evening flooding back. Those extra scenes are something else  :-X

Apestrife

Such a great video. Love it when he just walks away from napalming 3 floors to hell like if it was nothing haha.

By the way. Is the satire any good in the movie? Or is the spotlight more directed at Dredd being bad ass? Of all the comic book movies with their attempts at a meaning, I think a Dredd movie could be epic at it :)

Danbo

Ohhh that was lush,love his little Basildon Bond roll and his methodical shooting whilst walking up stairs...excellent.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CraveNoir

Karl Urban's on Soccer am on Sky1 today 10am - noon.

Bubba Zebill

This is doing my head in...no sign Dredd will be shown in this country...a trip to London may be in order.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Spikes

Quote from: bikini kill on 01 September, 2012, 08:40:22 AM
The IMDB Dredd forum's lone Russian member has come good with Youtubing that region-locked featurette. It contains some absolutely stunning new imagery (esp Lena Headey in the lift) and the live action version of my favourite Dredd image so far; Dredd blasting perps in a stairwell, shrouded in a green miasma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vheaRRNEYUk&feature=youtu.be

Warning, this featurette also contains some brief, mild scenes of Pete Travis, which some viewers may find disturbing. Don't have nightmares.

Ahh, yes - thats pretty good isnt it. Love Dredd knee-capping away, as he goes up the stairs!
Right, no more for me (ive said this before!), less than a week now, to go.

Mudcrab

Quote from: CraveNoir on 01 September, 2012, 10:06:37 AM
Karl Urban's on Soccer am on Sky1 today 10am - noon.

Not very "on the ball" at Sky, "Lord of the Rings and Star Trek actor Karl Urban". Keep up!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Sherman Kid

Rest easy guys Karl Urban IS Dredd, he's nailed the part (very nice guy in person too).

MR. ELIMINATOR

Noticed again in that featurette there is a bit where he doesn't sound like Dredd. "Your assesment starts now" Was it like that in the final film?

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 01 September, 2012, 03:23:50 PM
Noticed again in that featurette there is a bit where he doesn't sound like Dredd. "Your assesment starts now" Was it like that in the final film?

[spoiler]Some ADR seems to have been done after these featurettes were made. Its noticeable that his accent slips in the first featurette too, but it was fixed in the film.  [/spoiler]