Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnmarr

Poor guy is waiting all his life to see this film, and now he finds he cant: I can't see any logic in his actions but I do sympathise with his frustrated and emotional reaction... it just all seems a dreadful pity to me.

Goaty

But as I said before, it won't stop me to see it!

darnmarr

But you are the legendary Goaty, and made of sterner stuff than mere mortals. :lol:

Goaty

Again it's Lord Goaty  :lol:

darnmarr

I live in a republic: I am a citizen, not a 'subject', and that is a title I do not recognise.

except in your case, your Lordship sir... ;)

JOE SOAP

darnmarr

DeFuzzed

I keep seeing all these 'free Dredd screenings' announcements on AICN and elsewhere - logically, I know it can't make that much difference to ticket sales and yet I can't help the spike of anxiety at the loss in ticket sales.

.... it won't really affect ticket sales, right?

judge cooper

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 September, 2012, 11:25:30 AM
Quote from: judge cooper on 08 September, 2012, 11:21:06 AM
true, but when people say that it's true to the magazines, I expect to see the original suit

It is true to the uniform. Have a look at the earliest comics.

just noticed that actually, I apologies, haven't read case files 1 in a while
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

SKD

Quote from: SKD on 08 June, 2012, 09:31:33 PM
  This might not be the Dredd film we would have liked, but it might just be the quality Dredd film we all need.
Stew.

I said that exactly three months ago. I have just got home after watching Dredd 3D for the 1st time, I'm still grinning. That was EXCELLENT! :D I'm now off to see if 'The Halls of Justice' require another psychic.

With regard to the amount of punters in the cinema. For the showing I went to there were 17 other people. Ok, that doesn't seem many. But if you compare that to when I went to see the Avengers, in the same time slot (First screening of the day, first saturday of release.) when there were about 30 people in, the figures don't look so bad.

Stew.

P.S. Am I the only one who got a lump in his throat when Carlos & John's names were the first on the credits?

Keef Monkey

That made me want to get up and cheer! It was almost as cool as when the Dredd logo shatters the screen. What a film.

Just booked another screening with a mate for Monday night. Very interested to see what he makes of it, he read the meg and weekly for a few months but stopped for money reasons. He still collects the Anderson trades thou as she's the character that really grabbed him. Reckon in that regard he'll be well pleased.

judge cooper

on a scale of 1-100, how good is the film?
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Adamskilad

So it was my wife's turn for a lie-in this morning and whenever the kids said: "but mummy let's me do that!" or "is mummy awake yet?" I'd turn round to them and say in a gruff voice:

"Mummy's not the law... I'M the law!"

Honestly, it still hasn't got old yet! (though my oldest, who's seven, might think otherwise).

darnmarr

I believe, if memory serves;  that it is the perogative of fathers to tell the same joke to their children, and to find it funnier the more they tell it and the older it gets...