Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamskilad

And miles better than:

"But daddy! Mummy lets me do that!"

"I knew you'd say that!"  :lol:

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Adamskilad on 08 September, 2012, 06:40:09 PM
So it was my wife's turn for a lie-in this morning and whenever the kids said: "but mummy let's me do that!" or "is mummy awake yet?" I'd turn round to them and say in a gruff voice:

"Mummy's not the law... I'M the law!"

Honestly, it still hasn't got old yet! (though my oldest, who's seven, might think otherwise).

:lol:Very Good

Stan

Quote from: judge cooper on 08 September, 2012, 06:25:08 PM
on a scale of 1-100, how good is the film?

I would also give it a 90. Thirlby was great (though not quite Anderson), and if there was a flaw to be found in Urban's performance I didn't notice it.

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bubba Zebill

Adamskilad

Solid 8 out of 10 with my non-Dredd helmet on, but a 9-out-of-10-with-an-embarassing-bit-of-wee-wee-coming-out as a fan.

My wife hardly knew anything about Dredd but said she came out of the cinema wanting a sequel and generally wanting to know more about his world. She asked me loads of questions afterwards. Most interesting one was: "But who do the judges WORK for? Who's actually in CHARGE of Mega-City 1?"

"Well dear, it all started with a chap called Bob Booth..."

IndigoPrime

Incidentally, on the 2D thing, I figured I'd write to my local Vue, asking if there was any chance of 2D showings, and registering my disappointment about a chunk of the audience being excluded. I was very polite and noted it would be good to perhaps get a single daily showing of the 2D print. Here's what I was told:

QuotePlease be advised, 'Dredd 3D' has only been released in 3D by film distributors and it is not showing in 2D anywhere.

My emphasis there, and this will come as a big shock to a chum in Scotland who told me about how he enjoyed the 2D showing he saw last night...

So either Vue's customer support people aren't very well informed or they're just flat-out lying about the 2D print. (Cineworld offered a rather different take on Twitter recently, simply stating there weren't many 2D prints and that they had "most of them".)

CYCLOPZ

Have there been any full screenings yet?

Dirty Sanchez

COMPUTER SEZ NO. Indigo, I think they're being a bit thick - Dredd 3D will of course show up on their system as 3D only; whereas Dredd ought to return a substantial amount of 2D prints. Ask again.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 September, 2012, 07:45:42 PM

QuotePlease be advised, 'Dredd 3D' has only been released in 3D by film distributors and it is not showing in 2D anywhere.

My emphasis there, and this will come as a big shock to a chum in Scotland who told me about how he enjoyed the 2D showing he saw last night...

I watched it in 2D yesterday.

Bubba Zebill

For anyone who might be looking at this thread from Europe - it seems the film may well roll out on the 21st of September but Germany and Switzerland are Nov 15th it's estimated...( No dead cert but thanks to DNA on that as a maybe)...bloody hell, I'm a hell of a fan of that film company now, jings. Seriously has there ever been a more fan considerate production, Grud on a greenie.

CYCLOPZ

That IMDB rating keeps going up and up.

If the Sweeney opens up stronger than Dredd next week not only do I despair for the human race, I think I'll be physically sick.

Nick Love is incapable of making a good movie, case in point Outlaw. There is so much reprehensibly wrong with that film it hurts my fingers to type about it.

radiator

Type 'Danny Dyer Nick Love Outlaw Commentary' into YouTube if you want a laugh.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: radiator on 08 September, 2012, 09:20:36 PM
Type 'Danny Dyer Nick Love Outlaw Commentary' into YouTube if you want a laugh.

Wow...
Just, Wow.

Beeks

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 08 September, 2012, 09:13:36 PM
That IMDB rating keeps going up and up.

If the Sweeney opens up stronger than Dredd next week not only do I despair for the human race, I think I'll be physically sick.

Nick Love is incapable of making a good movie, case in point Outlaw. There is so much reprehensibly wrong with that film it hurts my fingers to type about it.

I hate to say..but the Sweeney will smash it in the UK..Ray Winstone and the fact it is The Sweeney will capture the older demographic and Plan B is well known to the kids
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens