Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

I saw it for a second time at Cineworld in Chichester on Saturday night.
There were about 45 people there. It seemed to go down well with the audience and Mrs Albion, who knows very little about Dredd, enjoyed it too to my surprise.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

CYCLOPZ

The battle damage detailing on the Judges helmets are another great thing about the uniform. The lumpiness on Judge Lex's helmet made it look as if he'd been through a war. I actually think the uniforms have benifitted from this kind of of re-imagining.

CYCLOPZ

radiator

Dredd producer and head of DNA Andrew Macdonald on the proposed Dredd trilogy:

Quote"Alex has a very good idea for Dredd's journey", he admitted. Iterating his belief that the Dredd movie "nailed a style" and that Karl Urban is "an absolutely magic Judge Dredd", Macdonald said that "I am sure that, if it works, it's something that all the distributors will want to do again".

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/dredd/22597/dna-films-chief-on-dredd-2-and-dredd-3

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Michaelvk on 09 September, 2012, 03:03:14 PM
At this rate the box office expectations will be met by boarders alone..

I mentioned this in another thread, but I will repeat it here also:

Remember folks, this may be the ONLY OPPORTUNITY we get to see it on the big screen, so do whatever you can to save money elsewhere and spend it on going to see it.

Spaceghost

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 10 September, 2012, 01:01:44 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 09 September, 2012, 03:03:14 PM
At this rate the box office expectations will be met by boarders alone..

I mentioned this in another thread, but I will repeat it here also:

Remember folks, this may be the ONLY OPPORTUNITY we get to see it on the big screen, so do whatever you can to save money elsewhere and spend it on going to see it.

STOP MAKING ME FEEL GUILTY, I'VE GOT NO MONEY LEFT!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Well as sorry for this post as been kept it to myself and still see the film at cinema...

WISH THERE WILL BE SUBTITLED SCREENING FOR DREDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James Stacey

Quote from: Goaty on 10 September, 2012, 02:01:43 PM
Well as sorry for this post as been kept it to myself and still see the film at cinema...

WISH THERE WILL BE SUBTITLED SCREENING FOR DREDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought of you when we went to see it in Cineworld as there was an advert before hand for subtitles and described showings. Not specifically for Dredd, but they were pushing the fact they did them before a screening of Dredd.

Goaty

Thanks, as I hadn't post my review yet as need to be 100% of the film.  :(

SuperSurfer

I know there is a separate trailer thread but as we have so many on the go I just wanted to say here that I really like the US trailer. Not dissing the UK one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZvfAYdn4DA

Stan

Yep. The Daily Mail counts as a review. Both they and Digital Spy ruined the perfect.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/

Though at least Tookey didn't steal the glory for himself.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Nooo! But at least they added another 8 positive reviews. Gone from 7.3 to 7.1 one now too. The bastards!

Danbo

Still a great score and it could go back up a little,depends how the American mainstream view it now I suppose.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.