Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

A question - it it worth trekking to Bolton Vue to see Dredd in "extreme" - it's still Real3D,not that cool sounding shutter thingy, so is it likley to be any better quality, or just a bigger screen?

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

radiator

I saw Dredd at a Vue Xtreme and thought it was tremendous. Bigger screen, brighter, sharper picture and crisper, louder sound. It made the film itself look better imo. The 3d was much better than my previous screening(s).

I'd say go for it.

JOE SOAP

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 September, 2012, 01:47:20 PM
A question - it it worth trekking to Bolton Vue to see Dredd in "extreme" - it's still Real3D,not that cool sounding shutter thingy, so is it likley to be any better quality, or just a bigger screen?

I haven't been but from what radiator describes it sounds like an IMAX-style affair. IMAX is still the tinted, non-active glasses but the size of the screen and the higher resolution makes 3D look waaaaaaaay better, so it sounds worth it. If the sound is anything like IMAX then it'll be stupendous.

radiator

It's not IMAX size, but is bigger than the average screen.

Dandontdare

Cheers Radiator. Might make a trip to Bolton at the weekend then for viewing number 3!

shaolin_monkey

My work colleagues have decided to turn the tables on my Dredd enthusiasm.  I emailed this to a few guys earlier:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Dredd is the first 18 cert film to top the UK box office in 2 years!

Also, Rotten Tomatoes has declared it 'Certified Fresh', with a comment that it is the best comic book to film adaptation EVER!

Plus I found this great quote on the 'Ain't It Cool' website review:

'I love that we live in an era when  we can bring the full force of millions of CPU hours of computational power, Oscar-winning brainpower, and dozens of CG artists to get exactly the right kind of slow motion head explosion.'

Can't say fairer than that! 

So have you seen it yet?!?

I got these responses:

http://qkme.me/3qw12v

then:

http://qkme.me/3qw1lj

and finally:

I seen it last night Dave

Thought it was alright, if you like that type of thing. Urban was not a patch on Sly for me, very poor. 

Why does he speak like Batman and walk like Robocop has he pooed himself? Wooden is not the word, give me Keanu any day of the week.

The drug SLO-MO, I appreciate trying to be quirky but COME ON director how to milk it and show off, shocking.

Females need to be more smoking hot and if it's an 18 I wanna see more flesh for my money.

3D had to come out the screen to wake me up, zzzzzzzzzzzz. I haven't drifted off so much since the Flintstones – Viva Rock Vegas.

' with a comment that it is the best comic book to film adaptation EVER!' – COME ON MATE HAVE YOU SEEN THE PHANTOM WITH BILLY ZANE?

Worse money I spent all year and I seen Battleship.

Sorry mate, but can't please everyone.

Bastards.   :lol:

Michaelvk

Hrmph... Splody heads were practical effects..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

shaolin monkey, at least they're only colleagues.

James Stacey

I always make sure to use the Arnold Rimmer gambit in such situations

'Over the years, I've come to regard you as ... people .. I met'

Fisticuffs

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 September, 2012, 03:02:12 PM
shaolin monkey, at least they're only colleagues.

They did it deliberately to wind me up, particularly the last one, which I thought was hysterically funny (although my immediate email response was 'oh piss off'). 

QuoteWorse money I spent all year and I seen Battleship.

I thought that was so funny.

As it turned out, he was really impressed by it and particularly loved the bit where [spoiler]Dredd took out the Judge with Hi-Ex.[/spoiler]

auxlen

just got back from my 3rd viewing at liverpool edge lane (it's mah burfdee). it was 2pm and i think 8 people, i am now officially skint but i enjoyed that showing the best i think. dont know why.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 September, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
As it turned out, he was really impressed by it and particularly loved the bit...

This isn't the spoilers thread -- remember we have forum members in lots of places the film hasn't opened yet.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.