Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Quote from: Goaty on 19 November, 2012, 04:38:12 PM

That's looks a bit like my bedroom scene after hitting my head on the chest of drawers while drunk.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Goaty on 19 November, 2012, 04:34:49 PM
I do really want to see Dredd 3D again!

Don't know why I kept enjoyable see it as it's my 4th views!

Same here!  'Mini Guns' came up on iPod shuffle this morning, and I immediately thought 'Can't wait to see the film again!!'

Rusty

I know she's got a blade down there, but that image suggests something else. Also, Headey looks totally different in that pic.

Goaty

Total Film got new feature about 50 Craziest Movie Cops, guess who at 23?

IndigoPrime

Looks like they misinterpreted that scene then. [spoiler]My reading of it wasn't that Dredd called her bluff, but that he realised the signal wouldn't reach the top of the block from the bottom, possibly through layers of concrete. He then ensured she'd not be able to trigger anything on the way down by having her take the drug, thereby making her totally high.[/spoiler] Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and Dredd really was winging it.

Goaty

shaolin_monkey

Bit of a duff device, that heartbeat detector anyway.  Surely if the signal was cut off, and no heartbeat could be detected, the devices would detonate anyway?  Signal = heartbeat, no signal = no heartbeat and KABLOOIE!

Safest thing would have been to stun her, and keep her contained while Tech judges come in to disarm devices.  Hell of a risk he took there, hoping a blocked signal would not be interpreted by the devices as no heartbeat, if you ask me.

Goaty

And I like the idea that Dredd do it without pause for thought, as many of actions in comic. He maybe know it won't work but he did "Yeah" at end. That's the Dredd!

Fisticuffs

Doesn't really make sense at all if I'm honest, her falling out of range is no different to walking out of range under arrest. There was no concrete or anything 'blocking the signal' as she fell straight down the empty shaft and she broke the only thing in the way (the window) on the way out!

As shoalin_monkey said, would have been best to stun her or even just leave her there until adequate support could arrive.

Stan

That's would've been interesting. Maybe he could've given her a little lecture like 'Bad language makes for bad feelings!'. Then the credits could've rolled over them disembarking down the stairs for 20 minutes. :cool:

Rusty

Perhaps the device worked in a way that the receiver still had to detect the transmitter as active once the heartbeat monitor started. Walking out of range simply just meant that the signal couldn't transmit the fact that the heartbeat had stopped. It's logical when you think of it that way. It's just a MacGuffin. The fact that Dredd was so held to his duty is what matters. The whole speech that Ma-Ma gives, saying how if she dies the whole block goes and does he know how many people live in the block etc. Dredd just says "This isn't a negotiation. The sentence is death!" You know right then and there what he's all about.

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, I was nitpicking really.  I wouldn't change a single thing in the film!

Goaty

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Goaty on 19 November, 2012, 04:43:00 PM

I gotta say it, Lex looked the best out of all the Judges including Dredd. The helmet is perfect on him.

My initial thinking regarding the heartbeat device was the same as TF, I just figured she was bluffing.

Apestrife

Quote from: Rusty on 19 November, 2012, 08:13:59 PM

I know she's got a blade down there, but that image suggests something else. Also, Headey looks totally different in that pic.

I'v never seen Ma-Ma looking that charming before. Great pic:)!