Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKCX

That looks like Chris Cunningham of Mean Machine fame in the thank you list if I'm not mistaken.
Why is he referenced?
Also he made some of the most f'ed up videos imaginable but brilliant, he's fallen completely off the radar now. What is he up to these days?

Goaty

Not long till Blu-Ray! Double Xmas for me! :-)

Dodsy

The blu-rey is only £13 on Amazon! (That's the 3D one as well).

Has anyone found it cheaper?
Twitter - @dodsy84

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SneakeeX on 27 December, 2012, 10:39:20 AM
That looks like Chris Cunningham of Mean Machine fame in the thank you list if I'm not mistaken.
Why is he referenced?

I think he might be a mate. Also may have helped on the uniform front since he fabricated bits of the '95 version.

shaolin_monkey

I have literally just set up my brand new 32" 3D telly, ahead of the release in 3 weeks. First thing I did? Watched the HD trailer via the YouTube app - ooh, shivers!!  Getting excited all over again!   :D

dweezil2

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 December, 2012, 03:45:45 PM
I have literally just set up my brand new 32" 3D telly, ahead of the release in 3 weeks. First thing I did? Watched the HD trailer via the YouTube app - ooh, shivers!!  Getting excited all over again!   :D

:thumbsup:  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: dweezil2 on 27 December, 2012, 04:14:32 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 December, 2012, 03:45:45 PM

:thumbsup:  :)

The TV can do this thing where it tries to convert 2D images into 3D. Tried it on the trailer - Mind. Blown.  :o. It looked amazing!

James Stacey

seriously, the amount of friends who have said to me this week 'saw Dredd the other day, its amazing' has bugged the hell out of me. If its amazing buy it as well as downloading it you freetards.

Zanti Misfit

A friend at works adores sci fi and violent action films.  Since Septemeber, I've insisted how brilliant Dredd is, and that I was convinced he'd really love it.  Well, he saw half of it the other day, but fell asleep and described it as 'boring'. :o
Youngsters, eh?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 December, 2012, 09:39:43 AM
seriously, the amount of friends who have said to me this week 'saw Dredd the other day, its amazing' has bugged the hell out of me. If its amazing buy it as well as downloading it you freetards.

Yeah, I had to work very hard not to berate a friend of mine last night, who was so keen to tell me how much he enjoyed the illegally downloaded copy he got over Xmas.  I told him through gritted teeth I was waiting for the Blu-Ray release so I could support the film in a last desperate bid for a sequel.  He was shocked when I told him the extent it bombed in the cinema.  Oh, the irony.

Goaty

Oh well, more fools of them.

And many reasons why I am looking forward to Blu-Ray and one is the bloody SUBTITLED! Can't drokking wait!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Goaty on 28 December, 2012, 12:15:08 PM
Oh well, more fools of them.

And many reasons why I am looking forward to Blu-Ray and one is the bloody SUBTITLED! Can't drokking wait!

Excellent!  So you finally get to see Lex's monologue to the wounded Dredd before Anderson shoots him!  If it hasn't been spoiled for you already, you're in for a treat - in my opinion it's one of the best scenes in the film. 

MR. ELIMINATOR

It's jumped up to 11 on the IMDb movie meter thing, and this is before the US release as well so I guess that means a lot of people are seeing it on a pirate version. It's got a ton more votes for it's rating too, and if you think about it, most people who see a film probably don't rate it on IMDb so that ends up being quite a hefty number of extra people who have now seen it.

But, it's still got the actual dvd release and netflix so it should still make some money. Hopefully.

I was thinking that at least all these people seeing it would help it's longevity, and could warrant a special edition down the line, but with everything becoming on-demand these days I don't think collector's editions will be worth doing for much longer.

Goaty

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 28 December, 2012, 01:03:37 PM
Excellent!  So you finally get to see Lex's monologue to the wounded Dredd before Anderson shoots him!  If it hasn't been spoiled for you already, you're in for a treat - in my opinion it's one of the best scenes in the film.

Oh yes!

Michaelvk

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 28 December, 2012, 10:44:29 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 28 December, 2012, 09:39:43 AM

Yeah, I had to work very hard not to berate a friend of mine last night, who was so keen to tell me how much he enjoyed the illegally downloaded copy he got over Xmas.  I told him through gritted teeth I was waiting for the Blu-Ray release so I could support the film in a last desperate bid for a sequel.  He was shocked when I told him the extent it bombed in the cinema.  Oh, the irony.

Oooooh, when I get back to the Diff, we're gonna go chat with 'im..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..