Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

Quote from: radiator on 29 January, 2013, 04:19:52 PM
Just to rub a bit of salt in the wound, check out 111 film series that are getting sequels (including such cinematic gems as; Resident Evil, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Indiana Jones, American Pie, Austin Powers, Bourne, Despicable Me, Men in Black, Paranormal Activity, Pirates of the Caribbean, Project X, Prometheus, Salt, The Smurfs, Snow White and the Huntsman, Taken, Wanted, xXx and Yogi Bear).

Hooray!

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/24211/111-movie-sequels-currently-in-the-works
The only film there that deserves it going by the past films is Bourne. The rest can suck a dick. Hope they all bomb.

Dandontdare

Yogi Bear?

Jesus wept....

Rusty

There was an original film of Yogi Bear? Must have missed that one.

Dandontdare

It was one of those creepy too-realistic cgi ones - there's an excelent mash up on YouTube where BooBoo kills Yogi though.

MR. ELIMINATOR

The thing that's most frustrating for me is that the general public are only now realising how good of a film Dredd is. Such a damn shame.

radiator

QuoteThe thing that's most frustrating for me is that the general public are only now realising how good of a film Dredd is. Such a damn shame.

Yep. I imagine many of us have had conversations like this:

"Woah, Dredd is amazing!"

"Yeah. Shame it flopped and they probably won't do another one".

"Yeah, that's so annoying!".

"Yeah, so did you go and see it at the cinema?"

"Um... No...".

My brother in law was raving about Dredd on facebook the other week, saying how he didn't want it to end. I hassled him to see it at the cinema when it came out. He went to see The Expendables 2 instead.

von Boom

Yeah, I just want to tear my hair out every time someone asks 'Have you seen Dredd yet?' Yeah, bunch of times, in the cinema, when it was RELEASED. Creeps.

Beadle68

I'm getting people at work trying to tell me(the person who was singing its praises upon release) how good Dredd is and that they wished they had gone to the cinema to see it in 3d .They now all hope for a sequel.F*$*ING  MORONS

Michaelvk

Quote from: radiator on 29 January, 2013, 06:11:13 PM
QuoteThe thing that's most frustrating for me is that the general public are only now realising how good of a film Dredd is. Such a damn shame.

Yep. I imagine many of us have had conversations like this:

"Woah, Dredd is amazing!"

"Yeah. Shame it flopped and they probably won't do another one".

"Yeah, that's so annoying!".

"Yeah, so did you go and see it at the cinema?"

"Um... No...".

Yep..

And also that feeling of people telling me Dredd was awesome.. I. FUCKING. TOLD. YOU. MONTHS. AGO!!!!!
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Tiplodocus

I dunno. There are some good films (not the last Bourne) on that list ( better than Dredd ) that deserve a sequel. Just because we don't  get one doesn't  mean they should't.

As brilliant Scottish songsmith Roddy Frame once sang:
P-e-r-s-p-e-c-t-i-v-e

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fisticuffs

Sorry, my perspective is blinkered by the restricted vision of this bad-ass Judge helmet I have on. :D

COMMANDO FORCES

I gotta agree with the last few posts.

I am fucking sick of hearing this at work and on the net. There was one bloke bleating on about Dredd NEEDS a sequel on facebook and that he had only just watched it on disc and how he wished he'd watched it at the cinema and him being a life long fan of Dredd didn't know anything about the movie beforehand >:D

Obviously JOE SOAP and a certain moi popped up and gently told him that we went to the pictures to see it when it came out after knowing about it for over a year, due to being fans of the character!!!!

This is nearly as insane as the bollocks we had to put up with before the film from the Stallone fans telling us that 'HE' was Dredd ::)

vzzbux

That is a common concensus.

What do you mean it flopped at the cinema it's a brilliant film.
Did you see it at the cinema?
Erm no.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bubba Zebill

What I don't understand is where the comic-con crowds were in the US?...with all the artists and writers that have gone west, the Johnny Appleseeds that revitalised so much in US comics over the years, there has to be curiosity?...and fans of Karl Urban's filmography??? Where were they?...or was the film patchy in distribution? Or are people just too well equipped to bother with cinema anymore? (Lincoln had only 30 people when I saw it on Saturday night).

I've seen Dredd 3 times now. I'm pretty sure this will stand as a wee classic long in to the future. The cast acted solid all the way. DNA will make money on this over the years...just not fast enough. They got so much more right than wrong, I almost couldn't believe how well they captured it in essence.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

PreacherCain

Quote from: BOODA on 29 January, 2013, 08:45:46 PM
What I don't understand is where the comic-con crowds were in the US?

There is no comic-con crowd. Pretty much every film that has screened there to rave reviews and fan geek-outs has flopped at the box office. Studios have realised this in the last year so there's less big stuff getting debuted there now.