"Choke on that!" Dredd with Chan

BEST KISS
Dredd's Glasgow Kiss on Kay

BEST WTF MOMENT
Dredd with Caleb

BEST VILLAIN
Ma-Ma or Judge Lex!

BEST MUSICAL MOMENT
Shit, which you do think best one in Dredd?

Spikes

Quote from: Goaty on 06 March, 2013, 08:54:00 PM
BEST MUSICAL MOMENT
Shit, which you do think best one in Dredd?

That Beiber inspired slow one. For real.

MR. ELIMINATOR

The opening music is the best, especially the bit where it finally kicks while the title explodes into your awe struck face. (3D viewing only)

Followed by the roar of the bike. Man what a rush.

darnmarr

That really deep purr of the bike engine is so omnipresent in the soundtrack that even though there's so little of the bike action on screen,  it still gives you the lawmaster you cant see; and the subconcious notion of Urban,  and the city, deeply growling at each other like dangerous animals.... or at least that's how it seems to me.

hazy efc

BEST MUSICAL MOMENT for me has got to be at the end of the movie just after dredd says andersons
a pass to the chief judge then what sounds like a bass kicks in and then you hear dredd speak
and then you hear that badass lawmaster fuckin roar like a animal with DREDD on the back of it off to kick
more ass in MC1  :thumbsup:

hazy efc

Oh yeah and a little birdy told me dredd was doing ok in china at the box office its took like
2 to 3 mil us $ in 3 days

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, that's a tough one, and it's so easy to choose not only the lawmaster scenes, but also mini-guns and bad judges.  All those tunes just so perfectly suit what's going down on screen. 

However, I'll throw another bit in there - when Dredd and Anderson are trapped on the floor, and Dredd goes stalking off to see what is going on.  People see him and lock and bolt their doors, peering nervously through their viewfinders.  The music there just oozes tension.  That eerie slow drumbeat, and the dischordant notes fading in and out.  It really sets the scene, and makes my hairs stand on end every time I watch it. 

radiator

The main theme of Dredd 'Mega-City One', which is reprised a few times throughout the movie, is a downright brilliant piece of music in its own right. Brutal, catchy and memorable, and sounds like no other soundtrack. I could watch the opening five minutes of the film over and over again, it's just perfect.

Great to finally have a definitive Dredd theme.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: hazy efc on 07 March, 2013, 08:51:21 AM
Oh yeah and a little birdy told me dredd was doing ok in china at the box office its took like

It only gets to keep 25% of that money though, so if it makes $10 million overall, it only keeps $2.5 million.

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 March, 2013, 02:11:40 PM
Quote from: hazy efc on 07 March, 2013, 08:51:21 AM

It only gets to keep 25% of that money though, so if it makes $10 million overall, it only keeps $2.5 million.

Do we know if it's a legit distribution with one of these companies rather than a buyout? If it's the latter then I assume it'll make jack.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-market-buyouts-offer-indie-426030

Since only the two big state-owned studios -- ChinaFilm Group Corporation and Huaxia Film Distribution Company -- are allowed to distribute official releases, the two firms get something akin to right of first refusal for other movies. If they pass, smaller Chinese companies can buy the rights. As a result, buyouts are primarily genre fare and B movies.

JOE SOAP

Dredd is distributed by the ChinaFilm Group Corporation.

Stan

Thanks. I'm glad we knew that. Bring on the megabucks!

DrJomster

This thread has had 10,076 replies! Good work, team!  :cool:
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Also, I thought the sound Dredd's boots made when they hit the floor was pretty damn cool. Not really part of the score I know, but still it's an ear pleaser. Made him seem really intimidating and badass. This was only in the cinema for me as well as my speakers aren't the greatest.

That's a shame about the Chinese taking such a huge cut. Maybe DNA should try get them to invest in the sequel?

Stan

I'm not sure that's a good idea after the omnishambles that was Red Dawn.