Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 18 January, 2014, 04:06:36 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 18 January, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
There's an article in Sci-fi Now by Dredd producer Adi Shankar that the Dredd short he's working on is a third completed.
That's due out this year.

Something to look out for at least.
Yeah,better than nowt I suppose.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Beadle68

Can't wait for this short to come out, just finished watching Dredd again today not seen it for a month. What a cracking film it is don't think i'll ever get bored of it. :). Just wish a proper sequel would get green lit  :thumbsup: Come on people responsible show some balls and give it another chance.

dweezil2

Quote from: Beadle68 on 19 January, 2014, 05:14:20 PM
Can't wait for this short to come out, just finished watching Dredd again today not seen it for a month. What a cracking film it is don't think i'll ever get bored of it. :). Just wish a proper sequel would get green lit  :thumbsup: Come on people responsible show some balls and give it another chance.

Couldn't agree more!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Goaty

Someone just post it on IMDB...

Watched it for the first time last week....

Since then, I've watched it four times. Why it took me so long to see it I'll never know. I missed it's theatrical run(shamefully). I guess I just thought at the time "how good could it be...really?? nobody ever seems to mention it".

How wrong could a person be. This film delivered on ALL levels. The action, the acting, direction, cinematography, the soundtrack & Karl Urban....holy mother of badassery! this dude was perfect in the role. Costume looked fantastic, as well as the signature Dredd snarl and menacing voice.

Don't get me wrong here, believe it or not I'm not one of the Judge Dredd 1995 haters. I actually liked that film. For what it is, it's a decent action film. But it's NOT really a Judge Dredd film at the end of the day.

THIS ONE however, nailed it 100% and I'm glad I added it to my DVD collection. A sequel would be great, but this is a cult classic if I ever saw one regardless of what the future holds for Dredd.

COMMANDO FORCES

What that tells me is that this person didn't go to the pictures to see it and waited for the DVD to come down in price before they spent their money on it. Still, at least they enjoyed the film :thumbsup:

strontium71

What that tells me is that I must copy and paste more stuff to get my meagre count up  ;)
...because I hate you.

Rusty

Quote from: Goaty on 20 January, 2014, 08:00:56 AM

Someone just post it on IMDB...

Watched it for the first time last week....

Since then, I've watched it four times. Why it took me so long to see it I'll never know. I missed it's theatrical run(shamefully). I guess I just thought at the time "how good could it be...really?? nobody ever seems to mention it".

How wrong could a person be. This film delivered on ALL levels. The action, the acting, direction, cinematography, the soundtrack & Karl Urban....holy mother of badassery! this dude was perfect in the role. Costume looked fantastic, as well as the signature Dredd snarl and menacing voice.

Don't get me wrong here, believe it or not I'm not one of the Judge Dredd 1995 haters. I actually liked that film. For what it is, it's a decent action film. But it's NOT really a Judge Dredd film at the end of the day.

THIS ONE however, nailed it 100% and I'm glad I added it to my DVD collection. A sequel would be great, but this is a cult classic if I ever saw one regardless of what the future holds for Dredd.

It's great that people can eventually end up seeing a film like Dredd and appreciate it for what it is, which is an outstandingly well made film that surprises in just how good it really is. However, it irks me when they say stuff like "I never seen this in the cinema and regret doing so" or "Never seen it because...blah blah...how good could it have been." If you'd gotten off your feckin arse in the first place to see it (goes for everyone with the same attitude) then maybe you'd have gotten a fucking sequel you now crave.

Theblazeuk

Clearly these people should be hung. They'll really regret not seeing it in the cinema then

I, Cosh

I like to think that somewhere out there on the web there are twisted communities of people lambasting the bastards who failed to attend the cinema in sufficient numbers to ensure sequels to my favourite comic book movies like The Shadow and Flash. Just because they weren't born, what sort of excuse is that?
We never really die.

Proudhuff

if only those lazy bastards had got off their arses and created something instead of sitting in pubs talking about it they... hold on, thats me
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

2000AD: We're happy to announce that 2000 AD's first ever US-format comic, the DREDD comic book sequel DREDD: Underbelly, has sold out in the UK and US!!

Those people want sequel! :)

dweezil2

How cool is that?   :D
Well done guys!  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

hazy efc

That`s fantastic news.  :thumbsup:

sheldipez

Quote from: Rusty on 20 January, 2014, 11:59:37 PM
If you'd gotten off your feckin arse in the first place to see it (goes for everyone with the same attitude) then maybe you'd have gotten a fucking sequel you now crave.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 20 January, 2014, 04:34:09 PM
What that tells me is that this person didn't go to the pictures to see it and waited for the DVD to come down in price before they spent their money on it. Still, at least they enjoyed the film :thumbsup:

You have to put a lot of these reactions in context and think how many people got burned with Judge Stallone (either originally or played TV many times since) that when they saw a new Dredd movie coming they thought "I'm not falling for that again" to find out that it's not A) that kind of Dredd or B) total crap.

With Dredd's cinematic history you can't blame people staying away until it's cheap or on Netflix.

Dark Jimbo

Aye, it's easy to forget when you spend so much of your free time immersed in the world of comics and 2000AD but a lot of people (especially in the US) have absolutely no idea of Dredd's provenance as a comic, and only know of the character as a thing from a shit 90's Stallone film.
@jamesfeistdraws